It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble captures images of crashing galaxies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
pretty kool pictures
www.reuters.com...=1

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nice pics there!

And to think, someday maybe we'll be watching the same thing happen to the Milky Way and Andromeda!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Awesome pics!!! Good find my friend.

It would be amazing to see moving pics of this happening but that will never happen in our lifetime.
I Hubble started taking timelapse now our decendants in 1M years wold get a good vid out of it.....

GrooveCat,
Yes. I make syou wonder what the milky way and andromeda would look like now as viewed from another galaxy.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If they are 100 million light years away then that happen 100 million years ago right?

So that was before the dinosaurs and all. Wonder what it looks like now... We gonna have to wait 100 million years to find out(:

[edit on 8-5-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Nice find Bamaoutlaw; Thanks for sharing it. Further here you can find all the 59 new images of colliding galaxies

Photo Release - heic0810: Galaxies gone wild!

Fifty nine new images of colliding galaxies make up the largest collection of Hubble images ever released together. As this astonishing Hubble atlas of interacting galaxies illustrates, galaxy collisions produce a remarkable variety of intricate structures.

Source

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I was just taking a look through youtube when i stumbled across a video of this,

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful and infinitely wonderful. This is exactly why I get irritated every time NASA funding gets cut. Supposed conspiracies aside, they do serve a purpose.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thas our future right there..

the Andro-Milky collision... too bad we wont be around to experience something like that....

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

top topics

join