It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiraz blast, not terrorism... just a weapons stockpile in mosque that went off.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Shiraz blast, not terrorism... just a weapons stockpile in mosque that went off.

www.tehrantimes.com

An explosion in a crowded mosque in Shiraz on Saturday evening killed at least 12 people and left about 200 wounded.

Ordnance inside the mosque, used for an exhibition about the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, had caused the blast, the official told the Mehr News Agency, dismissing as political propaganda some reports that the incident was the result of a terrorist strike.

“Investigations confirm that these substances were stored for a long time which caused a chemical reaction and with the explosion of one of them others also blew up,” he explained.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 113030p://444 by shizzle5150]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
O.K. so a mosque in IRAN goes up like an Indian rope trick and it just so happens that it was not a terrorist attack just an ordnance stockpile. I know it's perfectly normal for people to store their munitions in their place of worship.
I also don't understand what exactly the article means by "Ordnance inside the mosque, used for an exhibition about the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war" What kind of "exhibition about the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war". I've never been to an exhibition that used mortars and explosives other than a fireworks display. Just a strange story and it sure smells fishy. "Let us pray, but do it lightly because there are a lot of explosives under us" I guess allah didn't want them to be martyrs, just statistics...

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join