It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insanity. Whens it gonna stop?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Reading over the thread about Dubya being a clone I noticed someone saying how "This board has officially gone insane" and I started to think, yeah its funny but it really is. Between posts concerning Hitlers allegiance with the Greys, The Cassopeans (sp I know) Cult, What if Jesus was gay (Dont even tell me thats conspiracy related), and various other dubius topics we dont need to name, some of our ideas are getting to the point where they dont even make me laugh they are that looney. I mean there are still some serious threads like "Best Special Forces Organization, etc, "How Corporations own the world!" and the raging debate over seismic activity, these are excellent threads. And yeah I know someones gonna say "hey this is chit chat, put it in BTS" but its about ATS, so I have to link this to a conspiracy....give me a minute..................ok got one, ATS is being infiltrated by sleeper idiots tasked with making us look like looney tunes. Now yall can either debate this or we can just post the most absurd comments we have seen in the past week.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey, quit that. You will make JFK come back from the dead. He will then, of course, align himself with the Greys and they will show up at your house and steal your underwear. We aren't crazy...we are free thinkers...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
lol yea i was the insane one who posted that insane reply...i just wanted a good laugh

well i do want some people to see my point of view at it...i mean who gives if its insane i think all this is insane..i mean the world is insane just look at the Insanians that live in Insania theyre all INSANE i mean insane is such a crude word how can you even use it..i mean insane is labeling me as insane..i mean who the hell cares if i am insane i mean this is such an insane post im going insane

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You mean your sick of hearing about the Cassiopaeans too...... Wheew - I thought I was the only one.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i'm fairly new and I participate in a variety of threads which interest me, including some that you mentioned, does that mean I am sleeper idiot and I am making you look like a looney tune???

I think it is good that ATS is expanding to more people and more ideas, if you don't agree with the topic, then ignore and don't post to it...that's all, why does everyone feel they have the right to judge threads and the people posting to them.

To each is own, what you find as insane could normal in my rational and what is normal to you may be totally insane to me.

please stop doing this everyone, if you can tell from the topic that it's "insane" and you don't want to hear it, then just don't read it.

just my 50 cents here

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
But I'm a victim as well as a perpetrator. I make my fair share of stupid replies, and a few stupid posts. But I'm just amazed at the lack of a sense of humor on a lot of members part.

It seems that the more serious posts that I put up, no one seems to read because they are kind of long. Or maybe people just see that I posted them and ignore it.

You're right, though, man. There is not a chance that G.W. is a clone, and therefore no reason to discuss it seriously, but on the other hand, it's funny, and I like that too.

We should be able to make fun of ourselves and each other just to keep us all in check. Some posts are serious, and thus treated that way, and some are not, and are comedic relief.

If everyone were serious all the time, I couldn't stick around here... I just like to laugh, and this site helps me to do that every day as well as informing me.

"Ain't no wrong now ain't no right. Only pleasure and pain" -Perry Farrell

DC

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Very well put DC.

I think you summed up the experience for many people here (including me) very well.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
i should get award for most idiotic person on ATS...i made a serious post its 'my dad saw a ghost'

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Stop complaining and continue to add good info to the site..its simple as that.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Very well put DC.

I think you summed up the experience for many people here (including me) very well.

Yeah. I agree.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh and people have been making the same exact posts such as this for MONTHS and MONths so they obviously where wrong...

free speech will not bring this site down

Its the censorship of posts that may bring this site down or at least lead it away form the original concept of the site...IMO

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I do understand what it is you're saying here. I especially love the term "Sleeper idiots" too!! Perhaps there is an actual way we can stop or minimize the amount of "Sleeper Idiot" influence around here. Here is one idea which is fairly simple to do and is just a change dealing with the technical layout of the ATS posting area.

It seems to me that any truely conspiratory post must have atleast a couple components. First and most important would be "The Claim" of the post. This is of course the possible truth of something which has been missed or gone unseen. Second would be "The Supporting Detail" backing up "The Claim". I know this probably seems obvious to most of you, however, if it was obvious than this wouldn't have become a problem like it has. I will even use one of the before mentioned "Sleeper Idiot Topics" to illustrate what I mean.

"The Claim" Jesus is Gay.
"The Claim" Dubya is really a Clone.
"The Claim" Hitler was in league with E.T.'s known as Grey's"

Each one of those claims should be presented with the secondary "Supporting Details" showing why such a claim is possible. The should not be presented as a question with no supporting info to back it up or simply thrown out there for other "Sleeper Idiots" to put forth more unsupported opinions just for the sake of typing something. All claims should be required to also include "2 or more" supporting sections showing why the claim may be valid. If not, then the topic should be immediately moved to BTS or Deleted, and shown just cause why such action was taken.

How does that sound? Do you think that could help solve our problem? Comments?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
nope it wouldnt help us at all

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
mojo, I completely agree. I'm all for hearing what people have to say, no matter how wacky it may sound, as long as they post some information as to WHY they believe this, or HOW they came to the conclusion they've reached.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
nope it wouldnt help us at all

Case in point. No offence CookieMonster000, but I'm going to use you as an example.

Above, we have "The Claim" that my idea would not help at all. However there is NO supporting details saying why that is. So how is such a claim supposed to be of any real use to us? It's not. It is just an unsupported opinion. Supporting details could be as easy as:
1. People would still post without following the method that I speak of.
2. People will just make up fake Supporting details.
3. My method is still not strict enough of a policiy,
etc...

Any of those or others could have been included to substanciate the claim that my idea would not work and would have made CookieMonsters' post atleast something possible of discussion.

Comments?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It will not help us....

supporting claims....

too many morons

and

to many thick skulls

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very new here, and still learning the ropes. It does seem, the more bizarre the post, the more responses. People like controversy, I guess.
I'm kinda surprised at some of the non-comment threads though.
As an example, I will use my thread on Alan Greenspan's SocSec remarks:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now maybe I'm not eloquent like some of you, but I think the Fed may be after the SocSec $$. For their own evil ends. And, there seems to be not interest.

So, are some things not controversial enough, not conspiratorial enough, not goofy enough??

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
It will not help us....

supporting claims....

too many morons

and

to many thick skulls

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

This may be true. Very likely in fact. But atleast then it will be known why the topic was either moved or deleted, rather than just having it linger around on the board being an eyesore. Possibly in time the "Sleeper Idiots" will start to comply with proper way of posting or will be discuraged from posting at all since their posts will not last.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Very new here, and still learning the ropes. It does seem, the more bizarre the post, the more responses. People like controversy, I guess.
I'm kinda surprised at some of the non-comment threads though.
As an example, I will use my thread on Alan Greenspan's SocSec remarks:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now maybe I'm not eloquent like some of you, but I think the Fed may be after the SocSec $$. For their own evil ends. And, there seems to be not interest.

So, are some things not controversial enough, not conspiratorial enough, not goofy enough??

Yeah if you think a thread is really worth discussing you have to keep it alive yourself now adays, case in point, my thread about corporations, its my baby.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
are you calling me an idiot??? well if i am an idiot whats 1 katrillion x 1billikajillitrillian? huh???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join