It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby monkey stolen from zoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Baby monkey stolen from zoo

telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com

A Callimico Goeldi monkey named April, so tiny it could fit in the palm of a child's hand, is now in the hands of thieves and in peril. The highly endangered baby was born at the zoo last year and is part of a worldwide breeding program. There are only 1,000 or so such monkeys alive in the wild and the Cherry Brook Zoo is one of only two in Canada that houses and breeds them.

Collrin believes the thieves were looking for that specific monkey.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canada.com
www.theglobeandmail.co m
www.cbc.ca

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So first I thought that is too bad for the monkey.

Then the tin foil hat nutter in me had to ask. "What would a rare baby monkey be worth on the black market.

I believe this was a deliberate theft. The thieves bypassed other animals, including other not so rare monkey's, that would make much better pets to target this particular breed. The zoo has been broken into in the past and money has been stolen. Not this time. The thieves ignored this. Also, they closed the door to the monkey cage after they left so the others wouldn't escape. Your average thief wouldn't do that, in my opinion.

I would imagine that a rare, endangered monkey would be other an awful lot of cash to the right person.

telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
maybe some well-meaning 'conservationist' wants to..., oh forget it. Some people are just sick.

join