It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil Oil Finds May End Reliance on Middle East, Zeihan Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Brazil Oil Finds May End Reliance on Middle East, Zeihan Says

www.bloomberg.com

April 24 (Bloomberg) -- Brazil's discoveries of what may be two of the world's three biggest oil finds in the past 30 years could help end the Western Hemisphere's reliance on Middle East crude, Strategic Forecasting Inc. said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Any news like this is good news. Too bad it will take so long to start retrieving the oil.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Then interesting part of this article was that once the US doesn't need mid east oil then the US will no longer have an interest in having a military presence in the mid east.

This will save the US tons of money but it will leave the nations of the mid east at each others mercy. I think there will be war unless China and India step in with their own military to keep things under control.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Surely the objective would be to save the new found oil reserves until all the middle eastern oil has been used?

Anyway, might this information be spun to take attention away from the fact the the attacks on the middle east were over oil?

"I mean, like we have our own oil, like why would we need to take others oil by force blah blah"

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I agree. I don't think this would change our use of Middle East oil at all.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Why do you guys think this will easy the situaion in the midle east??

If there is anything that is clear now is that the Higher powers that be I.E the Bilderburg group wants to control ALLLL the oil.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Why do you guys think this will easy the situaion in the midle east??

If there is anything that is clear now is that the Higher powers that be I.E the Bilderburg group wants to control ALLLL the oil.

Total agreement! it will not ease the global issues, but I would like to point out that OPEC may well have representatives at the Bilderburg meetings but it is the individuals behind the corporation that want control.

Money is just for us minions, oil is what makes the world go round!!

Kind regards S_G

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's not the Middle East oil monopoly we are dependent on; it is the GLOBALIST/BILDERBERG oil monopoly we are dependent on!

top topics

join