It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized Crime Penetates Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Organized Crime Penetates Energy

www.reuters.com

By Randall Mikkelsen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Crime groups operating as "mobsters without borders" have gained significant footholds in global markets and provide logistic support to terrorists, the United States said on Wednesday.

Launching a campaign against such international criminals, Attorney General Michael Mukasey said they were more adaptable and sophisticated than La Cosa Nostra and other syndicates the U.S. government set out to defeat half a century ago.

"These international criminals pose real national security threats to this country," Mukasey said in a speech to the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank. He cited recent cases, many with links to the former Soviet bloc.

"They touch all sectors of our economy, dealing in everything from cigarettes to oil; clothing to pharmaceuticals," Mukasey said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So tell me how are we supposed to tell the difference between the crooks in energy and the crooks trying to penetrate it?

www.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

So tell me how are we supposed to tell the difference between the crooks in energy and the crooks trying to penetrate it?

www.reuters.com

Wait a minute..., you mean there is a difference?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thats what I mean... I tell ya. The only difference I see is that the gangsters are more honest... they don't pretend they're not crooks.

top topics

join