It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourteen Year Old Girl (ATS Member-4thefight) Survives 50-ft Fall (True Story)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was very moved by your story that you allowed Sizzle to share with us all..

I think your inspiration to not just to any one select group, but to us all.

May you have a long and full life... and no more trudging around slippery rocks...

Johnny

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thank you again to the recent posters. I also want to thank all the people who do not have the writer status who have been U2Uing me and posting comments on my profile. I am so glad that my story has inspired and changed so many peoples outlooks. I never thought that I could touch so many people. All of you are now in my thoughts as we go forth in a world that is uncertain. The only thing I am sure of is that we will we all survive one way or another in the end

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thefight
I also want to thank all the people who do not have the writer status who have been U2Uing me and posting comments on my profile.

If you and sizzle agree, I can move this thread into the Short Stories forum where writer status is not required, making it possible for all to comment on this thread who may wish to.

The writer status I have given you will remain in place. You've earned it.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Masqua,
I was going to ask if you could do this. I have had ppl, wanting to respond here, who could not. There was also a request to edit for better paragraphing in 4thefight's story.
My apologies, I should have done that, for easier reading.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think that would be great! I don't think sizzle or I thought it would generate this much activity and I want everyone to beable to ask me questions if they so choose.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
One other thing, Masqua.
At this time, I am showing 4,111 views on this story. How will the readers that have already read it know that they can now respond?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Those who have already read it will likely re-read it and then discover the ability to respond.

Moving it will have no negative effects that I can think of. If so, it can easily be returned anyways.

See you in Short Stories

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thank you for doing that masqua! I have to go to work, so I will respond to any other messages tonite.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Masqua, you might have missed this post that I entered previously.

reply to post by masqua

Masqua,
I was going to ask if you could do this. I have had ppl, wanting to respond here, who could not. There was also a request to edit for better paragraphing in 4thefight's story.
My apologies, I should have done that, for easier reading.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I can do a quick edit to make paragraphs. Thanks for pointing this out (again).

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks Masqua,
And also, thanks for moving the story so that everyone could participate. I am in complete agreement.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
4tf, i feel very sorry for you and i have great respect for having the courage to show it. you are a true rolemodel

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Im very happy to read that this young person survived her ordeal. I would not be so quick to label her a "hero" however. she disobeyed what she was told to do and unfortunately paid the consequences. there are reasons older folks tell us "yes" or "no".

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Libra,
As I said in the opening of this thread, there are many heroes here on ATS, but this was the first that I have heard your awesome story.
I have read Kinglizard's Near Death Experience; that was pretty awesome as well.
I feel as though I stand in the shadow of some very courageous people here. Or should I say, "Giants?" I am a chronic-pain patient and felt like I have exercised monumental control by not giving in to the 'pain-medication route.' But in comparison to you guys and what you have endured....I feel like a whiney baby! LOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idoubtit
Im very happy to read that this young person survived her ordeal. I would not be so quick to label her a "hero" however. she disobeyed what she was told to do and unfortunately paid the consequences. there are reasons older folks tell us "yes" or "no".

In most cases I would agree with you. But I for one, firmly believe in forgiveness, especially when one has seen the error of their ways; and paid such a high price for the 'lesson learned.'

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am going to insert a commentary here. This is just my opinion. If you believe in God (which I do); there is one way you could look at 4tf's story. There is a passage in Psalms 91:12 that says, "For they (the angels) shall bear you up in their hands; lest you dash your foot against a stone."
Did you ever stop to wonder how different it might have been, if a girl as young as 4tf had been allowed to feel the full effects of all those injuries, to her body?
She might would have died from the shock or sheer trauma of it all.

But I believe that God was merciful and forgiving of her rebellion, and He sent the angels to cushion her fall, and to shock-absorb her pain from the injuries. Now that just happens to be my two-cents worth.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry you had to go through all of this. Surviving this experience is something you can draw strength from for the rest of your life. God bless.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thats amazing I have to admit at such a young age. I gave you a star and you truly are blessed.

Also i just found another one look at this one, a guy fell 500ft and survived
news.aol.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
everything happen for a reason and usually its always positive
i respect you and really moved by your story i wish you good luck

thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
wow to die twice and wake up from both and to be almost fully recoveded by now!

thats some Guardian Angel!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join