It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus promotion keeps nation on its war course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Petraeus promotion keeps nation on its war course

news.yahoo.com

President Bush is promoting his top Iraq commander, General Petraeus, and replacing him with the general's recent deputy, keeping the U.S. on its war course and handing the next president a pair of combat-tested commanders who have relentlessly defended Bush's strategies.

Petraeus would be succeeded at a pivotal time in Baghdad by Army Lt. Gen. Ray Odierno, who was the No. 2 commander in Iraq for 15 months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
US: Petraeus Promotion Frees Cheney to Threaten Iran
What the Petraeus Promotion Means

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Petraeus to Be Nominated to Lead Central Command
McCain, Cheney 'reject' General Petraeus Analysis of Iraq
Buchanan: Petraeus points to war with Iran
Petraeus states, no military solution for Iraq

[edit on 4/23/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Petraeus has clearly been trying to tell the truth for the past few years about the situation in Iraq, but his superiors (Bush/Cheney) are not letting him do so.

Our warmongering leaders apparently want us to stay in Iraq till the end of time or the apocalypse, whichever comes first. I'm leaning more towards the second option.

I guess keeping on our "war course" is somehow benefitting this country, but I can't figure out how. Would someone be able to enlighten me? Thanks.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I guess keeping on our "war course" is somehow benefitting this country, but I can't figure out how. Would someone be able to enlighten me? Thanks.

news.yahoo.com

It is benefiting the country---The top 1% of elitists who make absolute killings off of war profiteering. The Corps and M.I.C. are just loving the obscene profits it brings them. They will get what ever puppet prez that is hand-chosen to continue churning the death machine in Iran at the expense and suffering of the rest of the world. As long as they continue to fill their greed and power agendas, they could give two sh**s less about everyone else.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Gen. Petraeus is an excellent choice for this position, he has been there for a while now and he knows exactly what is need it to accomplish the mission. He won't sugar coat anything and I respect that from him.

He had told the guys on the hill that the success in Iraq depends on diplomacy and political gains, I think he would be a great mind to have to manage the crisis in Iran and also it would send a message to Iran to get their act together because they know this guy don't mess around.

As far as keeping the country on the war path goes, I don't think neither Gen. Petraeus or Odierno should be blamed for the decisions that our elected politicians make. They just do their jobs of serving their country, completing the mission and follow the orders handed to them.

top topics

join