It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in Kokomo. IN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Kokomo, Indiana Sonic Boom/Jet Fighters - Event Covered Up ? Date: April 16, 2008 Time: After 10:00 p.m. HBCC UFO Research has received numerous reports on this event, one of the witnesses tells of a unknown craft that was seen in the area. So knowing the military the way we do, I am wondering if there is more to this event than we are being told. It certainly would not surprise me, and after reading the below information it makes one wonder even more. Again, if anyone living in the area has any information over the April 16, 2008 event would they please contact Brian Vike at [email protected] as any and all information is needed. Brian Vike In response to the sightings in Kokomo, IN on April 16th 2008, on the police scanner a little after 10pm, all available units (county, city and state police, from 2 different counties) were all scrambling to find the source of the sonic 'boom' They were discussing opening up two county schools football fields to open a search command post. About 45 mins into the search, a county official came over the radio and with a shaking voice, and "confirmed he was at the scene" Mind you, early in during the search, about 10:15pm, the police said they had contacted all major airports and no planes were in the area directly prior to the event. They specifically named Grissom AFB and the National Guard in Fort Wayne Indiana had been contacted and had no involvement. Suddenly after the official confirmed the info about the scene, they briefly kept calling it "an astronomical incident" and shortly after, all units were told they were dismissed from the search, and to return to their normal calls. All radio communication ceased, and the few officers talking were told to communicate with cellular phones. The night of April 16th, many unusual un-marked police cars were spotted around the Howard and Tipton county lines, as if they were guarding something. The next morning, the National Guard released a statement saying it "may have been F-16 training in the area" Hours later, they "confirmed it was government training" Remember the first radio transmissions..."all airports and government establishments had been contacted, and denied any air action in that time period"

www.ufoinfo.com...

[edit on 4/25/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There were 6 reports in Indiana alone on the 16th on this site...not to mention the hundreds of calls...

The sonic boom is really what makes this story strange...seeing as how all the governmnt agencies denied having planes in the area...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When was the earthquake in Illinois?
How close are the two?
"Sonic booms" aren't uncommon with earthquakes.
There was another thread about a nuke going off not an earthquake occuring too. That thread was based on what appeared to be a hoaxers claims though. Could a well known hoaxer be used as a disinfo agent?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There were a bunch of witnesses and hundreds of police calls...I doubt this is a hoax...a sonic boom took place...gov't jets were seen even though they were declared not active...its still fishy...

I have no idea the significance of the quake to the sightings...but I know earthquakes don't usually cause a SONIC boom...booms yes...but not sonic booms like from a f-16...

[edit on 4/25/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This thread caught my eye. I lived in Marion, IN for about 3 years. I took flying lessons at Marion Municipal and eventually earned my ticket. Grissom air base is near by, as mentioned above. These UFO events seem to happen near military bases, like in the Illinois Triangle case. The sonic boom leads me to believe that this probably wasn't a military deal. One would think they would avoid a thing like that at night. I'm interested to see what becomes of this case.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I live in Kokomo,IN This # is real I mean I'm 22 yrs old I dont know but i do remeber & my response is This # is real

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
aliens will invade our earth in near future

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's, already mentioned in the OP, i post a link to the article, anyway

www.kokomotribune.com...

[edit on 15/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ufo hunters just did a special on it this week on their show. They investigated what they thought was a sonic boom. They didn't find an explosion site or anything like that. There were lots of conflicting stories as well. Check it out was interesting.

Edit:

I am also originally from Indiana in the northwest so this story interests me as well.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by David9176]

top topics

join