It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Agents Can Search Laptops W/Out Cause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Border Agents Can Search Laptops W/Out Cause

blog.wired.com

Federal agents at the border do not need any reason to search through travelers' laptops, cell phones or digital cameras for evidence of crimes, a federal appeals court ruled Monday, extending the government's power to look through belongings like suitcases at the border to electronics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am sick of reading the crap and can hardly bear it anymore, every single day a new law strips us of our rights to privacy. We no longer live in the United States of America, home of the free. I am at a loss for words right now, I read DDs other thread on search and seizure, I am now ready to puke. I dont want to circumvent the T&C to really type what I feel. Lets just leave it at displeased and appaled.

Time to start removing the harddrive and memory cards and start fed exing these things to yourself.

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2008 by BluByWho]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If there has been a crime committed, why doesn't the victim just file charges?

Since when did the police need to go looking to find problems? They're everywhere.

Where is my bicycle that was stolen out of our backyard shed when I was 9 years old? Huh, where is it?!!! I'm still waiting for the police to do their job...

join