It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

source

Sage words, indeed. From Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776. Just as meaningful now as they ever were. If anyone bothers to read them and care, to act on principle and work to restore freedom and liberty to our great nation.

It matters not where you live, or what rank of life you hold, the evil or the blessing will reach you all. The far and the near, the home counties and the back, the rich and the poor, will suffer or rejoice alike. The heart that feels not now is dead; the blood of his children will curse his cowardice, who shrinks back at a time when a little might have saved the whole, and made them happy.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't really know what's going on right now.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Welcome to the site, 2DieIsGain.

The good thing is, you've come to the right place to find out what's going on. When I signed up over three years ago, I was confused about myself and the world, bigtime. Stuff was going on inside and around me that I simply was at a loss to explain. Sifting through the topics and threads on this site, and posting my own thoughts, has given me a toehold on the big picture, both within and without.

Give yourself some space, take some time to order your priorities, and then dig in. Most importantly, think long term, like eternity. It helps keep everything in perspective. Be positive, be patient, be hopeful.

Peace.

new topics

join