It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor fined for stopping burgler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just read morning news where it says that well known doctor Knut Sand Bakken has been fined over over 2000 us dollars for apprehending, attacking and holding a burglar, that he found one morning, stealing drugs from his office.

He was charged with assault because the thief was kicked while down. He then had to wait 50 minutes for police to arrive. The episode happened 2.january in Flekkefjord, Norway.

The burglar was kicking and punching and biting as they clashed at the office. In mid january investigations was started on the doctor for using violence on the burglar. He said: "Whats the use of calling the police if the burglar has highest status? If so, we might as well help the thief fill the bag"

He did what every one of us would have done, defending his property and catching the thief, the local paper paper states.

www.nrk.no...

Now this is just wrong. I am shocked and pissed off that this is accutally possible. The man is a hero for getting the thief arrested, and now this.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
what would i have done? The same probably. If it was my home,not at work. It's sad that the criminals get away with crap like this,and someone defending themselves or their porperty gets done for it. the law,is an ass.

new topics

join