It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 Survives Impact with Tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The first half of this film has music dubbed in to protect sensitive information. After the contact, you can hear the pilot's remarks and toward the end his commentary on the crash can be heard.

shock.military.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't think he's making the promotion list. Good find. Other similar stories are floating out there, but this is the first footage I've seen.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Fantastic video. Here are some more:
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

More here by the same guy:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I've seen this video before on YouTube and the author of it has several more incredible videos similar to this. In any case that was some impressive flying, up until the tree that is, he would have been/was a good Wild Weasel pilot. Also, I loved that music track.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This happened around Thanksgiving in 1987 at Nellis AFB. The jet was a Block 25 F-16C assigned to the 422 Test and Evaluation Squadron and had a Pratt and Wimpy engine. The attitude information in the HUD has been deselected. I was flying the F-5 as an Aggressor pilot at Nellis when this happened. That afternoon, the 2-star general who was the commander of the Tactical Fighter Warfare Center at Nellis called all the pilots to the Red Flag building to parade and publically humilate the offending pilot in front of everyone. He was a good guy who let his aggression cloud his judgement. His penance was to make a video about low-altitude flying and altitude awareness. I ended up flying F-16s with him at Misawa Air Base Japan in the early 1990s. We were both graduates of the F-16 Fighter Weapons School and worked together as he was the Chief of Weapons and Tactics for 5th Air Force and I was the Chief of Weapons and Tactics in the 13th Fighter Squadron.
He did get promoted and retired a full colonel.

new topics

top topics

join