It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lately i ask myself why?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well lately i've been going through an area of my life that i'm still kinda off on it...religion. i've been wondering about about how we die and i've ask myself why do i worship? why do people not think outside the bible, now i'm catholic born and raised and i've just never thought about it. perhaps "heaven" and "hell" are not real places but metaphorical ideas created by rituals made throughout the evolution of man. for instance i.e when a cave man does something and it begins to rain he believes an outside force created it. and those beliefs morph until it becomes one big belief of one god or several and their forms but i've been thinking why do i worship a being of another form (or forms) of existence perhaps it feeds off our voluntarily given thoughts and perhaps it helps us for it like a pay off or something but i cant help but ask why do we make songs and give our lives to our beliefs as those we wish to be taken out and let our corpses rot by taken out i mean that when you die your energy or soul or chi disperses from your corpse and you go into the womb of another child reincarnation i believe its called and if we go inside an already taken corpse then its considered possesion and when your inside your body your angry because your fighting for rights of a body and a preist can output a kind of energy mainly his faith and helps fight it out and ive realized god is what we call those floating forms of shapeless energy as one "god" and so maybe worship is not right when its done to the extreme perhaps thats how you get possesed by opening yourself up please comment

[edit on 1Apr17]053030p:/ by ArtemisFowl]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisFowl

Honeslty, I was having a hard time following what you are trying to say. That is the longest run on sentence that I have ever read.

I guess if you are asking if I believe in reincarnation, the answer would be yes.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why don't people think outside the bible?

you ask this question and I wonder.... have you never heard of Atheists? Buddists? Agnostics? I could go on. The world is full of people who think outside the bible.. how can you not acknowledge all those people when posing such a question. Christians are not the only people in the world.
Perhaps your question should have been... why do christians not think outside the bible? My answer to that would be... because it is all they know. Without the bible they would have nothing to believe and no source for their identity.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i meant most christians i've met

new topics

top topics

join