It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army engineer Arrested for Spying for Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

US Army engineer Arrested for Spying for Israel

news.bbc.co.uk

US authorities have arrested a military engineer on suspicion of giving secrets involving nuclear weapons, fighter jets and missiles to Israel in the 1980s.

Ben-Ami Kadish was detained for participating in a conspiracy to disclose documents related to national defence, the justice department said.

Mr Kadish worked at the army's Armament Research, Development and Engineering Centre in New Jersey from 1979 to 1985.

He is accused of giving material to an Israeli consular official whilst there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Talk about a rapid-reaction force! Glad to see the Army can catch spies even 20+ years after the damage is done.

This accused spy's handler was the same Israeli consular officer in Manhattan that was the conduit for Jonathan Pollard's nuke secrets in the mid-80s.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow...a little late huh?

I thought Isreal has us in it's back pocket so why would it need to spy?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
hey i already have a topic on this. close it and post there. thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
And I agree with the other guy who said, "Why does Israel need to spy?"

Can't they just ask us for more weapons?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
please take it to the other topic

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

What do you think are the implications of this?

This is another one of those "this story doesn't really make sense" moments. Arresting a guy for spying he did 20 years ago?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

You have to wonder, "why now?" 25 years is ancient history for most sensitive stuff like this. My guess is someone in the Pentagon is pissed at the Israelis for something, maybe re: Iran, and they're using this as a cudgel.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is a disturbing recurring occurrence, that of the Israelis stealing classified data from the United States. When I first moved here to NM, I would see these guys in the mall selling little helicopter-type toys. It turned out that that business was a front for Israeli spies.

Now we have this individual being arrested in a matter related to the Pollard espionage case.

I have noted that support for Israel had diminished in recent years in the segment of the populace I would never have suspected just 20 years ago: the left.

Israel is still an important ally in the middle east and an important issue for a significant element of the voting public. Just how this will affect public opinion and foreign policy remains to be seen and will likely be interesting to watch this election year.

www.reuters.com

top topics

join