It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New anti-terrorism rules 'allow US to spy on British motorists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

New anti-terrorism rules 'allow US to spy on British motorists'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Routine journeys carried out by millions of British motorists can be monitored by authorities in the United States and other enforcement agencies across the world under anti-terrorism rules introduced discreetly by Jacqui Smith.
A statement by Miss Smith to Parliament on July 17, 2007, detailing the exemptions for police from the 1998 Data Protection Act, did not mention other changes that would permit material to be sent outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to the authorities in the US and elsewhere.

Her permission to do so was hidden away in an earlier "special certificate" signed by the Home Secretary on July 4.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So our Home Secretary has decided (very quietly, through the back door) that foreign agency's can have access not just to real time surveillance, but the personal details of anyone on the camera's of who happens to come into focus.

Why would the US NEED this data, and what are they going to be doing with the massive amounts of data and personal details they collect on british citizens?

It seems the unpleasantly intrusive underbelly of the "war on terror" has now been introduced to the UK.

Let me make my position clear:

ANY other country and the government should only have access to this data if there is a proven terrorist link.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If the Elite want us to know what's going down in Britain, then we will have that option.

And I guess it's not really us, the citizens, that get to look. Only those closely involved or a part of the Elite.

join