It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day the aliens landed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The day the aliens landed

witness.co.za

“They ran to the edge of the school yard to see what this thing was. They saw this small creature walk around on top of the craft while another came down to check out the children. He was all in black, with a very tight suit. The children said he had big eyes ‘like rugby balls’.
“The children had direct eye contact with this creature. There seems to have been some kind of communication with the children about the state of the world — what we are doing to the planet, the destruction we are causing, although not all the children got this message. Some of the children were traumatised, others were excited. The young children were the most traumatised as they were at the front of the group.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Could this be the story of the first documented account of alien contact?
I can't wait for this to hit the television screen.

witness.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The story does seem very plausible and working every day with 8 year old children, it is very true that they tend to tell "exactly" what they see and hear. Too often, I hear about things in their homes that clearly were not meant to be mentioned at school. However, I do wonder why no adults supposedly witnessed this (if that is actually the case). I can't see there being nearly 62 8-12 year olds outside on a morning break unsupervised. I would think this especially true if the event was enough to draw the attention of all these children. No adults were even curious as to why the children had gone off to the edge of the school grounds?

Perhaps, there were adult witnesses at the time but the article does not mention any and, in fact, it sounds as if the children went to the adults after they had witnessed this. No matter what, however, this does make for a fascinating account particularly based on the number of witnesses and their ability to retell the same detail nearly 15 years later.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The fact that they could recount their stories was a selling factor to me. I wonder how they felt all these years knowing no one would believe them.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This will be great if you can follow up on this and keep us posted of your future findings

Flag from me.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Fascinating case. Even if there was no alien contact, it is still fascinating and interesting psychological phenomenon.

And if it was a real case of contact, it is creepy. Do you want an alien with an unknown agenda trying to influence your child?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't think this is the first time things such as this have happened to schools. I'll see if I can dig another link out....

Flagged.

EDIT: Found this:

[edit on 22/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I intend to keep up with this project as I think what those folks say about that day will be very interesting

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Savior C. How would you keep an alien from doing whatever it wanted to do?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i either heard this story or something very similar not to long ago... i think the school was somewhere in Africa.. can't be sure though

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
yeah just read the first sentence of the article lol.

im sure you could dig up an old thread about this in the UFO section..

oh well

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Right purple, this took place in Africa. I find it strange that it happened in the cradle of humanity.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have no doubt that this story has made it's rounds. No one believed these kids for a long time but now someone has taken notice.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
Savior C. How would you keep an alien from doing whatever it wanted to do?

I have no idea. Hell, I don't even think they are coming here. But the idea they would come down, and try to manipulate children, is creepy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
SaviorC, I agree on creepy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
But the idea they would come down, and try to manipulate children, is creepy.

I think it makes perfect sense. Children, as people have said previously, tend to recite things they have seen with amazing clarity. Sure, they may exaggerate or warp things, but if 62 odd kids are all saying the same thing, then the planet has to sit up and pay attention.

The first time I heard about this case, a few years back now, I thought it was only a matter of time before disclosure, or at least acceptance, was here. But no. We're still waiting.

So yeah, the kids. They're like sponges really, taking in loads of different information and remembering it. Speech, mathematics, literacy, experiences. As youngsters we need to remember this kind of stuff for later life.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Could be, alienib...

I think the story is believable, children are truthful.

The kids said an alien "walked around on top of the spaceship"...
That tells me the aliens just happened to be checking on something with
their craft, and not intentionally singling out the children.

THEN, when the aliens noticed their young audience, they sent one over
to distract them from seeing more about their spaceship.

Why not plant a message with the kids, that the earth is in trouble, and
adult's persuits of technology should be discouraged?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

I think it makes perfect sense. Children, as people have said previously, tend to recite things they have seen with amazing clarity....

It may make sense, but it doesn't make it any less creepy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting article!

I'll give the documentary a watch when it surfaces somewhere.

Some people say 'Why don't UFO's land in the city, in front of us all

Can't help but think that perhaps they are wary of the big cities, and feel more comfortable somewhere wit a little less hustle and bustle!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey Smug, it should be worth a look. I'm not too interested in what it might project as far as opinion but I'm very interested in what the ones that saw it has to say

top topics

<<   2 >>

join