It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StarShip Or Not Or April Fools????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Trolling around the net today and found this image from MSS (Malin Space Science Systems) The company that has cameras on 3 US spacecraft . I have not seen any other images nor have I been able to track down any other information on this. Could someone enlighten me on this image or if you care to, delve into it as usual.. Many questions, not many answers.. Anyone have any thoughts or forwards?? Below are links to the site and the image that I am referring to.. Thank you in advance!!

Image Release No. MSSS-24 — 1 April 2008

www.msss.com... Image

www.msss.com...

[edit on 21-4-2008 by hdchop]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would guess THIS PAGE would answer that question..some brilliant pictures from Mars with a bit of a fun anniversary theme thrown in.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Gottcha - Man I guess I didn't research far enough.. thank you for the enlightening!! lol Still neat though plus I just noticed when revisiting the image - If you hold your mouse pointer over the picture, the tag that appears does say "CLOUD FORMATION"

Thanks again!!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thank you actually. Just spent the last forty minutes browsing over some of their pictures. Well worth the visit.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Perhaps we should try and find the original image on NASA before we make any asumptions to what it is....

To me it looks like a shadow from a mountain ridge.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So that's where Jean Luc parked the Enterprise!

If it's not an April 1st prank... then it's a prank concocted by the Cosmic Joker. Nice one. Can we have an X-fighter next?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Stated it the Article

"The feature MGS spotted in 2001 is real, but it is not a starship. As is common on Earth, we humans will often recognize shapes formed in the clouds in the sky above us. The starship-shaped features are clouds, most likely of water ice crystals, formed high in the martian atmosphere. The clouds in this case were towering to an altitude of about 60 kilometers (37 miles)."

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by netobrev

With respect, I think we all know it's real. I can't believe I'm going to quote myself, but here goes:

then it's a prank concocted by the Cosmic Joker. Nice one. Can we have an X-fighter next?

The Cosmic Joker?:

Is the Earth really haunted by a vast menagerie of bizarre lifeforms? Or are we merely the unwitting victims of a single mighty intelligence capable of manifesting itself in a thousand different disguises: an infinitely inventive and devious trickster which delights in toying with humanity for its own amusement? A century ago, the anomalist Charles Fort postulated the existence of just such a being - which he dubbed the 'Cosmic Joker'.

graylien.110mb.com...

Seeing familiar shapes in the most natural, but unrelated situations, is a very human trait. Many members on these boards see far too much. The Cosmic Joker comes into it when we see the Starship Enterprise (even though it isn't) on Mars (which it is).

top topics

join