It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Point Firearms, Arrest 10-year-old For Making Noise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

You actually bring up a good point about Jones and his wording of the headline. I just think this is NOTHING more then a kid up to no good...did something wrong...to get sympathy and out of trouble he makes up lies to the cops so they don't come down hard on him...then lies to everyone else about the cops so they don't think he did anything wrong and its the cops being mean.

And yes we will many times NOT comment on alligations made against us....let the person LYING keep talking and listen to all the times they change their story ever so slightly...next thing you know the people see that its BS..and the police never had to defend their actions or come out strong causing many to feel cover up!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

You are more psychotic than the kids you are accusing of psychosis, not to mention the parents.

It is more likely to you that instead of the stroy being true the way it was reported, that the family from the apartment are conspireing to frame the Ottawa police for abusing their powers.

You are just making things up, every thing you write is made up, and i have to wonder how much you are able to convince yourself that the story in your head is actually true, cause that is psychotic.

do you have something against civilians that are not part of your fascist dreams. By your logic, police should have just made the same story your suggesting and send the kids to juvy with no investigation. You wish.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Since 911 cops have an itchy finger and a real atittude to draw weapons on any situation. Than came the taser and look out. Its a wonder the kid(s) weren't introduced to Mr Taser for being kids.

Whats really sad is cops no longer use common sense in approaching situations and because they are trained to think the worst case scenario, play a very dangerous game with citizens who are only doing things people have always done. Only now it's a practice encounter with storm troopers ready and willing to place any one in there little world of cops and robbers.

Kids are kids and they make noise, they have always been that way. To come on the scene with weapons drawn, busting open doors and clearing the scene. Thats part of that terrorist BS placed in the minds of the citizen so the cops can play the game.

The citizen should be alarmed because you can be sitting in your home loving life while watching tv and a gang of cops can bust in your door with weapons drawn and shoot you if you become frightened and get up to run.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm sure the kids were being loud, but to raid an apartment like a Nazi Stormtrooper is totally unacceptable. These were children, and I see no need for guns or implied threats of tasering.

Are the police so afraid anymore that they must taser, shoot, or handcuff everyone to ensure their own safety? If I were that frightened, I'd find another field of work. Do they not give psychological evaluations to these guys anymore?

As for the children being alone, that's not really such an uncommon situation is it? There are many homes where both parents must work to earn a sustainable living, and therefore children must sometimes be left alone. Where do you think the term latch key kids comes from? In this case the parents were only a short distance away anyhow, and there was a blood relative living in the building, should they require assistance.

Being a law enforcement officer, you should know how perceptions of events become cloudy when you have a firearm pointed in your general direction. It doesn't have to be aimed right at you to invoke terror, especially in a child. To try and justify these officers behavior is assinine. If it were your kid or your nephew, would you feel the same way?

I had a similar incident happen to me when I was about 11, and it scared the hell out of me! It sure did nothing to increase my trust level regarding the police. Up till then, I believed all that Officer Friendly crap, but after looking into a barrel of two .38 specials though, I didn't believe them to be so friendly or helpful anymore.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree with the last comment completely!

What kind of police state are we living in? MY GOD! I cant even imagine if this were one of my kids. I cant imagine!

Is there NOTHING we can do to stop this kind of crap?! NOTHING?!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
You are more psychotic than the kids you are accusing of psychosis, not to mention the parents.

It is more likely to you that instead of the stroy being true the way it was reported, that the family from the apartment are conspireing to frame the Ottawa police for abusing their powers.

You are just making things up, every thing you write is made up, and i have to wonder how much you are able to convince yourself that the story in your head is actually true, cause that is psychotic.

Thanks for helping me understand that you must not be able to read. Read the article, there as so many discrepancies given its crazy. And the ONLY person to say what happened was a 10 year old kid that mom and dad apparently don't care about by leaving him alone for hours. If you can't see this article and situation seems a little off then your mind is as closed as can be and debating you is useless.

do you have something against civilians that are not part of your fascist dreams. By your logic, police should have just made the same story your suggesting and send the kids to juvy with no investigation. You wish.

Oh yes I'm so angry with you all..lol. Cmon man! I guess my family (who are civilians too) are nothing to me. In your mind, without knowing me, think I am against everyone because i wear a badge....and that my friend is the SAD mindset of so many. You will take incidents like this one, no facts, no witnesses, MANY discrepancies and STILL just take sides.

And NO, I don't wish they throw him in Juvy...I have had to put kids in Juvy and I don't like to do it....but sometimes it is necessary. I would be more inclined to know why the parents leave this kid alone so much...especially if they are visiting other people...not like they are at work, etc....

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Are the police so afraid anymore that they must taser, shoot, or handcuff everyone to ensure their own safety? If I were that frightened, I'd find another field of work. Do they not give psychological evaluations to these guys anymore?

I love how so many want to question the reactions of police officers, call them out as afraid and then say many need to look for another career, yet NONE of the people bashing the police have the courage to step up and become an officer. I agree some don't deserve to wear a badge..I have worked with a few, but until your willing to see, hear, and deal with the stuff we do its pretty unfair to question our reactions as a whole.

And yes, they do give psyc evals...but think about it...you can pass one easily and still be a nut case. Those tests and shrinks are not the iron gate to keeping crazy people out of any profession.

As for the children being alone, that's not really such an uncommon situation is it? There are many homes where both parents must work to earn a sustainable living, and therefore children must sometimes be left alone. Where do you think the term latch key kids comes from? In this case the parents were only a short distance away anyhow, and there was a blood relative living in the building, should they require assistance.

I was a latchkey kid so yes I do know that parents leave kids home alone when at work. This IS NOT the case here...they just left him a home while they went visiting people. Plus we don't know this kids history. What if he was a problem child, the article doesn't mention it. It does mention that neighbors said he is left alone a lot...which leads me to believe this is not the first time they have complained about his behavior. If it is then now is a good time for the PARENTS to get parenting and do their job.

Being a law enforcement officer, you should know how perceptions of events become cloudy when you have a firearm pointed in your general direction. It doesn't have to be aimed right at you to invoke terror, especially in a child. To try and justify these officers behavior is assinine. If it were your kid or your nephew, would you feel the same way?

IF INFACT A FIREARM WAS POINTED AT HIM...which I am not buying. The article states when he got back to the apartment with a 12 year old girl there were 3 officers waiting for him. Sounds to me like he wasn't even in the apartment but let them in from the outside. Now if thats NOT the case and the article (as crappy as it was written) was wrong yet again then think about this:

Complaint comes in that there is loud noise in the apartment...remember the kids were stick fighting...which equals screaming, a window break, banging, and the sounds of FIGHTING!!! So a neighbor calls it in as noise or maybe a fight. Cops arrive and hear all this and think it MIGHT be a domestic violence situation...since NOONE knows its just kids at this point...so they go in with guns out expecting to fins adults beating the crap out of one another...but instead...find a kid/kids unsupervised going at it playing around...so then reholster.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
I love how so many want to question the reactions of police officers, call them out as afraid and then say many need to look for another career, yet NONE of the people bashing the police have the courage to step up and become an officer. I agree some don't deserve to wear a badge..I have worked with a few, but until your willing to see, hear, and deal with the stuff we do its pretty unfair to question our reactions as a whole.
RCW:

I realize that police officer have dangerous and difficult job, and "No", I wouldn't take a position on the force if it was offered to me. It's not from a lack of courage though, but from a matter of principle.

I know a lot of good cops today, but I also know a lot of bad ones that abuse their authority. These are the individuals that give ALL cops a bad name.

And yes, they do give psyc evals...but think about it...you can pass one easily and still be a nut case. Those tests and shrinks are not the iron gate to keeping crazy people out of any profession.
A psychological evaluation is typically only as good as the person interpreting it. A lot of good people get screened out as well, and for all the wrong reasons.

I was a latchkey kid so yes I do know that parents leave kids home alone when at work. This IS NOT the case here...they just left him a home while they went visiting people. Plus we don't know this kids history. What if he was a problem child, the article doesn't mention it. It does mention that neighbors said he is left alone a lot...which leads me to believe this is not the first time they have complained about his behavior. If it is then now is a good time for the PARENTS to get parenting and do their job.

A neighbor who throws beer cans at windows, wouldn't quite be my idea of a reliable character witness. Maybe the kid does have a record, but maybe the police officers involved do too. I've always believed everyone was presumed innocent until proven guilty. It's easy to make assumptions about people without having all the facts though as we both have done.

Leaving their child alone for a few hours doesn't constitute neglect or a lack of parenting skills. They were close by, and an Aunt lived in the same building. I'd imagine most parents that trust their older children are quilty of this at one time or another. Threatening people with CPS only add fuel to the paranoia fire regarding law enforcement.

IF INFACT A FIREARM WAS POINTED AT HIM...which I am not buying. The article states when he got back to the apartment with a 12 year old girl there were 3 officers waiting for him. Sounds to me like he wasn't even in the apartment but let them in from the outside. Now if thats NOT the case and the article (as crappy as it was written) was wrong yet again then think about this:

Complaint comes in that there is loud noise in the apartment...remember the kids were stick fighting...which equals screaming, a window break, banging, and the sounds of FIGHTING!!! So a neighbor calls it in as noise or maybe a fight. Cops arrive and hear all this and think it MIGHT be a domestic violence situation...since NOONE knows its just kids at this point...so they go in with guns out expecting to fins adults beating the crap out of one another...but instead...find a kid/kids unsupervised going at it playing around...so then reholster.
Maybe they didn't point the gun at him, but considering how police are so liberal anymore about tazing people, I have my doubts. Police seem to view everyone as dangerous lately whether they're a man, woman, child or elderly person.

How can anyone effectively do their job when they're so terrified of the people they're paid to protect and serve?

Nowadays cops unholster their guns for routine traffic stops. Imagine how intimidating that feels to John Q. Public who has no record, and has committed no real crimes.. Think how it feels to be stopped and have several patrol units and cops swarm about you for a simple traffic citation.

How many police videos have we all seen of police beating some person who has done nothing more than run their mouth or commit a supreme act of stupidity? Do thses offenses justify the use of tasers, blackjacks, or a gun?

Remember the airport video where the woman got beat by an officer just for being in a no parking zone and refusing to move? These guys give you all a bad name and reputation.

We definitely need police in our society, but we also need police officers that we can trust to treat us fairly. People shouldn't have to fear being tasered or shot for routine arrests or traffic violations. Whatever happened to the good old beat cop that everyone knew and respected?

[edit on 4/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In short yes they are. God forbid they break a nail while doing their goddamn job. Anyone remember that kid that was in an accident, the cops show up and refuse to touch him because he's all bloody, then taser and shoot him to death because he won't follow their orders and stand up?

75 % are cowards, cowards, cowards. Jackboot, bully boy, do what i say 'cause i'm the boss cowards. The other 25% are in training.
Don't trust them, don't believe a word they say, avoid them at all costs, and when the # hit's the fan, and they come for you, kill, kill, kill, them all.
I'm not angry anymore, just ready. And so should you be. Mr. RCWhatever his name is would tell you what they have in store, but he's too busy polishing that bullet with your name on it (wearing a tutu, black lipstick, and a gestapo hat no doubt), chanting slowly how he's gonna get even for all that stuff the bad kids in high school did to him, when he was hall monitor.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

Glad to see ATS doesn't discriminate..even IQ's under 10 are allowed to post!

Sorry for the one line post but this "person" does not deserve anymore of my time...thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Please.

Try to stick to the topic of this thread.

Beating on each other accomplishes bupkiss.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Police-officers are trained to shoot whenever they feel like it's necessary to do so. They shoot good & bad people, quite often. They're basically self-righteous judges with weapons to use against the masses. I wouldn't trust them with my family or friends' lives. We the people, should carry our own weapons, and protect & defend our own communities.

Most of the Federal-agents (unelected/unpopular "judges" and police-officers) don't work for us. They're shills for the New World Order now.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Speaking of iq's under ten, your signature says it all. Thanks, but we don't need anyone to commit violence on our behalf, be it on us (most likely) or someone else.Your attitude is as typical as the cops who pulled this crap on these kids.
"I'm right, you are the criminal, and if anyone points out how full of it I am, I'll just call them stupid and dismiss them".
Perhaps if the police didn't walk around with an air of superiority the respect they feel they deserve would be more forthcoming. Instead we get this garbage:
infowars.net...
or this:
infowars.net...

Explain how this helps anyone? Gonna open up on da big bad terrorists in a subway full of civillians (for their own protection of course)?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Here's a thread you should also check out. I notice that there are no law enforcement types over there refuting the stupidity of this. Wonder why?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I dont know what the cops are like where you are but down here in Australia they are really nice. You just have to be nice to them in the first place.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

How about this:
www.cbc.ca...
What does this have to do with the op's thread you might ask?
Well since the base topic is police over reaction and outright unlawful actions, and then lying about it, I'd say it's a relevant example of the mindset of law enforcement in general.
To refute one of your other points about most of us lacking courage, do you mean like this:
jonesreport.com...
or this:
www.youtube.com...
Real brave bunch. I stand humbled in your super intelligent glow

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Here? Well you usually don't get the chance to be nice, if the cop is on default mode (which is "I AM YOU'RE SUPERIOR"). Most people tend to avoid them, as they are known to be a rather surly rude group, that likes to dole out street justice, which is a laugh really. It was my understanding it was a judge and/or jury's job to dole outthejustice........ ......and since I'm on a roll:
chowderheadbazoo.typepad.com...

[edit on 30-4-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Can you put anymore words in my mouth? And why would I even try and debate you...you make it clear I would get the same results standing infront of a stop sign trying to discuss this issue. You obviously didn't read this article with an open mind....if you DID..you would see the story makes NO sense and has MANY discrepencies....

Also, why is it cop haters ALWAYS have to go and dig for other incidents to try and justify the current topic? I don't care if a cop beat someone last year when we are talking about this topic. It blows my mind...you guys will bring up 10 other threads to try and tie them in with this current one....all that tells me is you have NO argument about the current thread so you go WAY off topic to keep your hate spirit running....quite sad!

Also..yet again for the 87263549 time...I am NOT always on the side of the officer...even being an officer I know we have scumbags who wear badges...had you ever read some of my posts you would know this...but as a typical police hater you don't care..you have selective thinking in what you read, see, write, and say....

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't believe I put any words in your mouth, your signature is yours, I didn't write it. As far as the links I put up, they were a response to your supposition that "us" cophater types were not as courageous as you badge and taser types.
And far as a debate goes, there is no debate. It is a proven fact that police bend the facts to cover their own asses wether they believe they acted riteously or like the so called scumbags that wear the badge (your words), as one of my links (Stanley Park 6) shows.
Point is: The police can't be trusted to be truthful in any case, especially so when there is a chance the public will be less than impressed with their conduct (which is the point of the OP).
I have no idea wether you are a scumbag or a good cop, and you are absolutely right that I don't care.
Just like you have no idea if have an i.q. of 10 or 200, and don't care.
You think the kids are lying.
Fine, that's your "experience" paradigm.
My "experience" paradigm says the cops are most likely covering their butts. Chances are we will never know, because the police investigate themselves and rarely find fault in their actions, which is completely ridiculous.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The reality of today's cops is that they shoot when they feel threatened then they are deemed justified in court. Normal citizens feel threated all the time (just go into any slums and see if you're threated) but they don't have guns, so they use their brains to deal with it. Cops have guns and they shoot first and then use their brains to justify their shootings.

So that's the reality. If you want to get rid of your pesky neighbors, keep calling the cops on your neighbors every chance you get. Chances are the cops will shoot and kill your neighbors one of these days.
You gotta know how to "utilize" as cops like to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join