It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened in Piedmont?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What happened in Piedmont?Here is the gist of the story:

Received a weird voicemail from my sister. Now I can't reach anyone from my hometown of Piedmont, UT.

Any word?

Hoax, or no?

[edit on 20/4/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I first saw this as a commercial. It had a supposed home video of something happening and ended with a link to the blog. It all seems like a viral campaign of some sort.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh, I almost forgot. The blogger claims this is in Piedmont, Utah. I cannot find a city of Piedmont in Utah. He also posted a "news article" of an alleged chemical spill in that area. I cannot find any evidence of a chemical spill or the news service that ran the story.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Please post more about a subject when you make a thread about it. The link takes me to basically a spam site.
This thread is worthless without more information.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here is a link to the actual blog that the OP intended. The first one was a misspelling and took you to a different site.

www.whathappenedinpiedmont.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If you click on the " terms "...

What Happened In Piedmont (the “Game”) is a web-administered alternate reality game that will be conducted across various media, including on the World Wide Web.

Terms

[edit on 20/4/08 by dawa]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sorry. I was a bit drunk last night when I read through this/

I will be more careful next time

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not being a jerk - I've been where you are too - just as a research tool:

You can also got to Whois and look up the domain registration which shows for this site:

Registrant:
A&E Television Networks
Constantine Poulos
250 Harbor Drive
Stamford, CT 06902
US
[email protected]
+1.2122101400 Fax: +0.0000000000

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
First, there is no "Piedmont, Utah". Search it on the internet. Nothing. Second, look at the link below. Today's post on WHIP says Jack Nash from NNT reports blah blah... There is no reporter Jack Nash. Jack Nash is a fictional character name for Eric McCormack who stars in the Andromeda Strain on A&E as a "reporter for NNT." Coincidentally, Utah is where the Andromeda Strain takes place, where a government satellite crash-lands. C'mon A&E, get a little more original and come up with your own plot to throw people into a panic. Do you think this guy "Andrew Tobler" has the cash to drop on a TV ad to get people to read and post on his blog? Oh, I tried to E-mail his Gmail address and it bounced back. Right.

www.comingsoon.net...
[email protected] if you guys want to write me directly.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by crazy4283

Another piece of evidence that proves this is just an ad campaign (i.e. not real) is that in Crighton's original novel The Andromeda Strain, the town in which the satellite crash landed was called Piedmont, Arizona...this new movie based on that novel kept the town's name, but changed the state.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazy4283

I don't watch TV often, so I just saw the commercial. This is so ridiculous! It's like The Blair Witch Project with better technology and corporate funding! I just have to say that my hat is off to all of you, who like me, spent a little time on the net researching the fictitious "Piedmont, UT" Thank you all for the resources that you have included to set the record straight.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I just finished watching it... and this is as good as a sci-fi teleplay gets. Good acting, nice tense story and ofcourse the obligatory moral

But I enjoyed it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts cooking up conspiracy theories on this one, once every cat and dog has seen the movie.

Basicly the premise is that a satelite crashes, something is inside and gets out as civilians finds the satelite. Shortly after everyone near the satelite dies, almost instantly.
Benjamin Pratt leads the team of scientists that has to find a solution to this threat.

Before anyone start building up the conspiracy, look into the original novel by Crichton from 1969.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
if you go on the site, and input the coded information, it will let you in on a high security site, i hope this is just a joke, if not, the secret service and fbi is going to be knocking on our door.
jlh

top topics

join