It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reporter Arrested in Central Park, Most Media Ignore Sex Element

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

CNN Reporter Arrested in Central Park, Most Media Ignore Sex Element

newsbusters.org

Imagine for a moment that a Fox News reporter was arrested in Central Park early in the morning with a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals. Do you think this little nuance would be included in press coverage of this bizarre event?

Probably in the headline and the opening paragraph, right?

Well, for some reason, though news outlets did report the odd happenings in NYC Friday morning when CNN's Richard Quest was officially arrested for loitering and drug possession, only the New York Post included the "kinky" elements in its article Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Aside from news organizations censoring the news, this is pretty funny. I think it's funny when weirdos are caught doing weirdo things. I wonder how they can show their faces in public after caught doing freako weirdo stuff like this. Anyhow, these news organizations don't leave the sex part out when reporting on other than their own, huh? Hippocrates.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
WTH was he thinking? I can somewhat understand normal people putting themselves in ridiculous situations because at worse, you'll only have to move a few hundred miles to leave your shame an humiliation behind. But why, oh why do celebrities do it?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
give them enough rope etc...lol..
anyway why do this weird stuff in a park and not at home in private...
cant wait to hear is excuses for what happened, like it was a medical rope as im suffering from genital drop and the drugs where to ease the pain or something more ridiculous....lol

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Guh, I just noticed I resurrected a two-year old thread... Sorry... I came from the OP's profile...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Breizhoo

Well, I thank you for that.
I wonder why this thread was ignored when it was posted.
Anyhow, I did a quick search and this is what wikipedia also has to say:

Quest identifies himself as gay and is Jewish.

en.wikipedia.org...

The last word is probably why the media didn't tell the whole story and why he still has his job.
questmeansbusiness.blogs.cnn.com...

top topics

join