It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus actor struck by lightning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Actor Jim Caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion Of Christ. The lightning bolt hit Caviezel and the film's assistant director Jan Michelini while they were filming in a remote location a few hours from Rome.

It was the second time Michelini had been hit by lightning during the shoot.

Coincidence? The actors initials are JC, and the assistant director was hit twice on TWO separate occasions. Remember.... lightning never hits the same place twice

Also a woman had a stroke while watching the crusification scene in the theaters today, later passed away at the hospital.

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.religionnewsblog.com...
www.in-sourced.com...
edition.cnn.com...

Is there more to this movie than it seems?

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
They are all going to hell for making that movie..I think thats fairly obvious.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Uh, maybe the Colonel might be right...AGAIN?????

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I dont think being hit by lightning is a divine message, but getting hit twice, and living, is....................

Carry on..........

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Uh, maybe the Colonel might be right...AGAIN?????

are you implying that this happened because they didn't make the story true to your beliefs about jesus which you expressed in an earlier thread?

just curious

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
yep thats what hes saying. unless you believe jesus is black you are going to hell

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
They are all going to hell for making that movie..I think thats fairly obvious.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

Why is that?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have gone through my life seeing all kinds of differant Jesus(pbuh) movies and all seemed great at the time, because i was a Catholic and i never questioned!
But now that i have reverted to Islam, i know now why it is bad to potray the image of any Prophet(peace be upon the all) of God, it is because it draws worship from the One True God.
I was shocked when i first saw "The Message" because before that i was always thinking of how could you make a movie about Muhammad(pbuh) an not show his face, then i found this movie and it blew me away, i was very impressed at how they did it, you should see it.

Anyways

Salaam

Sebs

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Actor Jim Caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion Of Christ. The lightning bolt hit Caviezel and the film's assistant director Jan Michelini while they were filming in a remote location a few hours from Rome.

It was the second time Michelini had been hit by lightning during the shoot.

Coincidence? The actors initials are JC, and the assistant director was hit twice on TWO separate occasions. Remember.... lightning never hits the same place twice

Also a woman had a stroke while watching the crusification scene in the theaters today, later passed away at the hospital.

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.religionnewsblog.com...
www.in-sourced.com...
edition.cnn.com...

Is there more to this movie than it seems?

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by porschedrifter]

Funny little factoids. Not that it means anything, odd that I don't remember ever hearing anything about this incident when I watched an interview with the actor that played Jesus. But whatever.

If you based your beliefs off of movie mishaps you need help...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
LMAO!!!

Man, I hope he get paid good for the movie, else if I was him, I would get the hell out of it!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I dont think being hit by lightning is a divine message, but getting hit twice, and living, is....................

Carry on..........

Actually, I've got 3 separate lightning incidents myself, so this guy's still gotta catch up, hehe....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why the hell wasn't THIS on the news? I've seen hundreds if not thousands of hours on this crap and this is the first I've heard of this.

"Caviezel was uninjured, but a producer described how he saw smoke coming from the actor's ear."

This amazes me. Fans of this movie think every little thing written down 2000 years ago is a freaking miracle, but THIS is no big deal. Hello?

If this happened during a play of the life of Jesus 1900 years ago, there'd be a Catholic ban on the portrayal of Jesus and a whole freaking book in the NT on the miracle of God's message through a lightening bolt.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Is'nt Lightning cool

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guerilla
I have gone through my life seeing all kinds of differant Jesus(pbuh) movies and all seemed great at the time, because i was a Catholic and i never questioned!
But now that i have reverted to Islam, i know now why it is bad to potray the image of any Prophet(peace be upon the all) of God, it is because it draws worship from the One True God.

Exactly. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Why the hell wasn't THIS on the news? I've seen hundreds if not thousands of hours on this crap and this is the first I've heard of this.

"Caviezel was uninjured, but a producer described how he saw smoke coming from the actor's ear."

This amazes me. Fans of this movie think every little thing written down 2000 years ago is a freaking miracle, but THIS is no big deal. Hello?

If this happened during a play of the life of Jesus 1900 years ago, there'd be a Catholic ban on the portrayal of Jesus and a whole freaking book in the NT on the miracle of God's message through a lightening bolt.

No offense but this story is old, it was first mentioned a couple of months ago, I thought everyone knew.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I know it's old, but I wasn't around ATS then. I was watching mainstream news and never saw it. That's my point.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ahh...that's what you get for watching mainstream, hehe..... We discussed BOTH incidents ages ago, hehe.....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ahh...that's what you get for watching mainstream, hehe..... We discussed BOTH incidents ages ago, hehe.....

I guess I need to look it up then. My point is that had this been a movie about why Jesus is not divine (some historical skeptical epic) then getting hit by lightening would "PROVE" that God exists and the movie shouldn't be made.

But the reverse is easily ignored by fans. Why? It's hypcritical. I don't put much stock in any of it, but if I were some devout scripture and miracles junkie I'd think twice about worshipping at the false alter of this movie. Or wearing a cross for that matter. Graven image and all that.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I guess I need to look it up then. My point is that had this been a movie about why Jesus is not divine (some historical skeptical epic) then getting hit by lightening would "PROVE" that God exists and the movie shouldn't be made.

But the reverse is easily ignored by fans. Why? It's hypcritical. I don't put much stock in any of it, but if I were some devout scripture and miracles junkie I'd think twice about worshipping at the false alter of this movie. Or wearing a cross for that matter. Graven image and all that.

Well that fact that he was struck TWICE and didn't die means two things. Either God is a really bad shot and not as powerful as we realised, or it was a miracle so I don't see why it would be a bad sign.

oh, and secret option number Three. Maybe that idiot Jim was wearing a tin hat on very high hills.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Actually, I've got 3 separate lightning incidents myself, so this guy's still gotta catch up, hehe....

You're kiddin' me, right?

Original topic: I thought this was a rumor to discredit the film, but it appears to be true. Perhaps someone is trying to get their message across!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join