It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fears Syrian army moves may signal Hezbollah attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Israel fears Syrian army moves may signal Hezbollah attack

www.haaretz.com

Israel is concerned that recent actions by the Syrian armed forces are a possible preamble for a Hezbollah operation against the northern border and a broader conflagration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If this happends the genie isnt going back in the box..

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I guess Israel is starting to suffer from the same Delusions of Grandeur that the Iranian President is affected by.. At least he's toned it down to saying region.

Defense Minister Barak: "Anyone who tries to harm Israel needs to keep in mind that Israel is the most powerful country in the region and its response will be hard and painful. We are constantly vigilant and ready for action."

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yeah your right, the only thing is if hezbollah attacks israel, the iraelis are goin to come down hard on syria, then iran gets involved then the U.s and before you know it, Well look at it this way, like i said before the genie aint goin back in the bottle...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As I understand it, the Syrian forces have been moving up to the border in response to recent Israeli actions and exercises, not as part of some clandestine plot to launch an attack.
Also, Hezbollah have always traditionally been a defense militia, not an attacking force.

This just sounds like Israel once again claiming victim status before anything has actually happened and innocent of any provocative moves itself.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
they still have a reason to attack israel, they said they were going to avenge the
the murder of Imad Mughniyeh.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In my opinion, I don't believe Iran, Syria, Jordan or any of the other targeted Midle Eastern countries wish to fight a war against Israel and ultimately the United States.

They know it's a lose-lose situation for everyone involved, and are simply trying bluff their way out of a bad situation. I can't say I blame them.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Do you think israel, have MAD(mutual assured destruction). Do you think that exists in the middle and far east.

Is that what they have?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You have to realise with iran, they think when the infadel (america,israel) comes to destroy them, that all the armys against iran will be destroyed by god, they believe this, trust me there not scared...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yay more brinkmanship in the middle east. With the US current policy in the middle east, do you think the US would get directly involved in the conflict instead of just backing Isreal?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by danieljacob28

and the other (see how i said others emplying both sides) Morons
believe God will punish those that dont bend over backwards for Israel and that God will smite all those that oppose Israel

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Lose-lose? If you look at Israel's military history, it is entirely concerned with fighting the arab nations around them and consistently coming out on top with massive territorial gains, which are then given back to the aggressors to try and make them calm down a bit.

From the Syrian, Egyptian and Lebanese points of view, it is just "lose".

new topics

top topics

join