It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda's second in command Zawahiri claims victory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Al Qaeda\

news.yahoo.com

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahri said in an audio message to mark five years since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq that Washington's war had brought nothing but failure and defeat.
Zawahri mocked George W. Bush's decision to suspend troop withdrawals from Iraq this summer, saying the U.S. president was scared of admitting defeat and was trying to pass the "problem" on to his successor instead.

"What the American invasion of Iraq has reached, today, after five years, is ... failure and defeat," Zawahri said in the tape posted on a website used by Islamist groups.

"The American troops, if they leave will lose everything and if they stay will bleed to death. This is what Bush has chosen for his army and his people, who elected him twice."
"This is a stupid drama to cover up the failure in Iraq and for Bush to escape from the decision of withdrawing his forces, which would be considered an announcement of the defeat of the Crusader invasion of Iraq, and to pass the problem to the next president," Zawahri said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-4-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Al Qaeda is desperate to make claims of victory. American presence for long term and they claim victory. Pull out and they still claim victory. I guess Zawahiri hopes for pullout during Bush's term to claim they defeated Bush. Instead American troop presence is going to be extended long after Bush is out of office so Zawahiri makes this argument about Bush putting the problem to his predecessor as hiding the failure.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well i'm only commenting on the snippet you've posted above, but apart from the bit about "Americans losing everything if they pull out" which i don't believe to be true.....i'd say he has a pretty good point with the rest of it.

Bush will not admit when he is wrong, he won't apoligise for any of his and his administrations stupid actions, and he will quite happily pass on his mess to another president.

By the looks of it, the next one will be quite happy to receive it too.

I would just love to take a really indepth look at what shares the goverment officials have in which companies. I know we have an idea of a few, but i bet thats just the tip of a very greedy iceberg.

I don't agree with a lot of what is said by the likes of Al Qaeda or people like the Iranian president , but sometimes you have to see thier point just a little.

CX.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Whoever the 'terrorists' are is of no matter, for they won the war the moment that the USA entered Iraq for a 'war against terrorism' in retaliation to 9/11.

Iraq had no WMD's.
Iraq had no connections with Al Qaeda.

It has been suggested that Bush is guilty of a lot of things, including crimes against humanity, starting an illegal war and abusing his position to save those closest to him.

Apart from the destruction of the Constitution and the dollar, everything else seems to be chicken feed and Bush will gladly pass the problems onto the next President.

Not sure if anything will change then either.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Zawahri, but he's right in this instance...This disastrous illegal invasion has exhausted our military and helped to bankrupt this nation. And we're sinking further into the abyss with each 12 billion-per-month payout that passes by.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Meh.

That murdering meglamaniac said the exact same thing 4 years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He stressed that the Americans in each of the two countries are between two fires "if they continue, they will bleed to death, and if they withdraw, they loose every thing."

The only thing he has been able to accomplish since then is hiding like a cowardly pig.

AQ is decimated in Iraq, and they did it to themselves with the mass graves of other muslims. Zawahiri claims they don't kill innocents. The Iraqi people know thats a lie from first hand experience and have turned against them.

The best AQ can hope for now is to talk other idiots into blowing themselves up once a month to stay in the news.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

AQ was never in iraq 4 years ago - hussein hated them with a passion.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

The best AQ can hope for now is to talk other idiots into blowing themselves up once a month to stay in the news.

Evidently, they ARE doing that, and it appears like it's becoming quite the predicament...Al qaeda may or may not be 'decimated', but the amount of people growing pissed at a foreign invasion and occupation seems to be endless.

rawstory.com...

The exact number of U.S. casualties from the bombs in Iraq is classified "because it might show the effectiveness of the enemy's weapon," said Maj. Brad Leighton, a U.S. spokesman in Iraq. "They won't even give the number to me."

[edit on 18-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

In October 2004, Zarqawi publicly allied himself with Osama Bin Laden and renamed his organization the Al Qaeda Organization for Holy War in Iraq.

www.adl.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The requested URL /news/2008/Suicide_bombings_at_highest_numbers_in_0418.htm was not found on this server

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
But to whom does this victory belong? Certainly not to Al Qaeda. They are the ultimate straw man. This victory belongs to the global fascist elite.

The war isn't over, though. Not by a long shot. Ultimate victory will belong to the ones named below.

Matthew 5

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I'm no fan of Zawahri, but he's right in this instance...This disastrous illegal invasion has exhausted our military and helped to bankrupt this nation.

Our Air Force and Navy are well-rested, fully stocked, and ready to roll at a moment's notice.

AQ, otoh, has been decimated world-wide.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That's like saying, "I have peanut butter and jelly, but no bread." How in the heck are you going to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (or invade Iran, for that matter) under those circumstances? I know two out of three 'aint bad, but it gets hard to fight a war without an army that is fit to fight.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

"What the American invasion of Iraq has reached, today, after five years, is ... failure and defeat," Zawahri said in the tape posted on a website used by Islamist groups.

Bahh... that's because America is using 40 oz boxing gloves and Al-Queda is fighting tooth and nail.

I don't see Al-Queda as particularly successful since they caught us napping on 911. If Al-Queda was so globally connected they would be sneaking across terrorists at the Mexican border, going to some Motel 6, rigging up a bomb, and heading to the nearest crowded public place.

Zawahri just trying to rally his troops. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Meh. That murdering meglamaniac said the exact same thing 4 years ago.

So, basically, he was right 4 years ago.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
From what I understand about this war, is it was never about winning anything. IT was all about, Gold, oil, and Drugs. And making much profit from both sides of this war.
Also one big key factor about this war was to destablize the area of Iraq.
Which they did. So This guy talking is just another puppet.
He says we lost, when we didnt go over there to win anything.
We went over there to make money, run more drugs, and get a foot hold on more oil. Get a foot hold, build bases to invade Iran.
Since Sadam H couldnt get the job done, I guess we are going to have to finish what we started..
Its all a big bunch of BS, on all sides, I dont trust Bush, or Zawahiri. He is just another puppet, dancing like a little monkey.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

That's like saying, "I have peanut butter and jelly, but no bread." How in the heck are you going to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (or invade Iran, for that matter) under those circumstances? I know two out of three 'aint bad, but it gets hard to fight a war without an army that is fit to fight.

Who said anything about invading? It would seem our primary objective would be to render them militarily impotent. That could be done without ground forces.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh, you know the ghouls behind this whole shebang want Iran, too. Its all about control of the Caspian Sea oil reserves when it comes to Iran, isn't it? They'll probably use our degraded army and Ahmadinejad's "nuclear ambitions" as an excuse to nuke the crap out of 'em. Its a PNAC dream come true. Not to mention Ezekiel 1.

4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

top topics

join