It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and EarthQuakes ????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I find it funny that these two events happend back to back Indiana and Illinois ?? what do you think ???www.theindychannel.com... The news cast I saw said they said it was meteors and now they are saying its jets ? then there was a big earthquake in and around the area watch this notice he says I supose they were plains ?www.theindychannel.com...
Then the areas had a Earthquake ?????
www.theindychannel.com... That were felt in surounding states I am hoping someone got footage or pics on the Lights in Indiana Im new at this so sorry if it is a mess but I thought that the two stories were worth noting What do you Think ???

I wanted to add that the news I saw Last night one of the witneses said that the lights were in a line like they were uniformed in a line but funny I cant find the clip we saw on the news now Im working on it !!!!

[edit on 18-4-2008 by LadyInRed]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I live downtown in Indy and it woke me up this morning when it happened. I was actually wondering the same thing myself as I remember reading about correlations between increased sightings and seismic activity somewhere before. Definitely quite interesting and something to ponder...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i think anything is possible!!

i read somewhere that ufo's are attracted to energy here on earth, there seems to be more activity when there are thunder storms and even firework displays! the ufo i saw was on bonfire night here in the uk, and before anyone says anything, it definately was not a firework!!

But maybe if there is energy moving before the tremors are detectable on earth they may be able to sense it before us, maybe they know what is going to happen before we do? who knows! if they do they could text us and give us a warning or something!!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrosis

Thanx for posting
Yes I live in Ohio and we felt it here too I didnt know there were multiable sightings there so thanks for the info I found it odd the ohio news said it was a meteor and now they are saying its jets ??
agian ty for posting

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by realism

thanx for posting yes I have heard that I have also read that earthqakes follow sometimes funny if you watch the news clip the military dosnt seem to sure listen to how he says that it was jets lol and thanks for your story I have had sightings myself

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Flares....training excercises? The old excuses....

Yet I feel compelled to think that, this time, it may have been just that. The witness in the video clearly described to me what a flare would look like falling outta the sky. I think the military is telling the truth this time. Damn!

If not, this could be a very queer string of events indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It could be earthquake lights?

inamidst.com...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

wow, thank you for that, i'm really interested in this stuff!! whether what the op was describing are earthquake lights or not that was still a really interesting article! quite mind blowing really, can you imagine if all the energies and forces that we couldn't see suddenly became visible!

i hope no one was hurt in the quake by the way

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thanx for your post yes thats what I was thinking but there are no pics or footage and you never know these days when someone will pop out with footage and so I posted it to get opinons thing is the witneses say it sounded Like or worse then a sonic boom ? and the ground shaking Im not a jet expert but i dont know of people reporting that the footage I saw her in ohio were diferent and I cant find the clip at all but one of the guys said that the lights were in formation and thats not on the clip I posted I cant even find it on my channels website seems odd to me cause the military guy in the clip I posted says I supose how dose he supose when they say it was thier plains??
Either they know or they dont to me lol ty agian for the post

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yes thanx for that post I was thinking this too I have heard that when the plates rub together or somehting like that it suposedly eminates lites?? great post I will read I was waiting for someone to post but question do those lites fall into a uniformed lines???? because thats what one witness says and Im trying to find the cips agian ty for posting

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There are a couple threads on some of this out there you might be interested in. The military is muddying the water on Kokomo thing. There was a loud sonic boom.. However, the sitings have been happening for years...so I don't think they are earthquake lights. One ATS member submitted some film to MUFON on this which I am hoping to see soon. One link concerning Indiana UFOs reports rising has a link which has some pictures- much like Stephensville, Texas ones.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Great your awsome this is what I was looking for cause i live in a major city not far I was hoping to see pics once agian if you listen closely to the sherif hes seems like thats not what it is and the military guy in the Indiana news clip says he suposes why would he say that ??? and Im still trying to find an ohio post for yesterdays date of what I saw on the news and its no where to be found cause they reported that it was a meteor so why the change over nite plus isnt it true if your doing somehting in the ground that it can cause later quakes what I mean is underground base activity??? Im still hoping someone will post pics or footage
thanks agian for the post

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
this is footage i found of the kokomo lights ..orig found on the mufon

www.youtube.com...

i was at the indy airport when the earthquake hit. just minutes before my co-workers were talking about the lights and how everyone seemed to be looking to the skies ...then the building rumbled.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sacrificialpawn1

thanks for your post and the link maybe if we keep the post going someone will come out with something like pics ect great post and thanx agian

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
These "earth lights" are a fascinating subject, and one that is very much in the scientific eye

The name "earth lights" was coined much more recently by British researcher Paul Devereux, author of the only two full books on the subject...That earthlights exist is virtually beyond doubt. That they are linked in some way to tectonic activity and to sudden surges in ambient magnetic field strength is on the way to becoming firmly established. But what remains unknown is the mechanism by which the lights are created and sustained. In some cases, earthlights have been seen to persist for up to two hours. Whatever is behind the phenomenon, it is certainly not a sudden, momentary electrical discharge like that of a lightning strike

www.daviddarling.info...

The most accepted understanding is that the phenomena is similar to the piezo-electric effect but on a grander scale; they are something akin to an electrical spark created by rocks having been placed under great pressure.

There are other theories, however:

Neurophysiologist Dr. Michael Persinger proposed that strain fields within the Earth’s crust may produce electromagnetic discharges that may manifest by directly affecting the human brain so that the observer will perceive he or she is viewing a moving body of light. Persinger has been able to produce bizarre light effects by placing a helmet that generates similar fields on the heads of volunteers in the laboratory.

www.earthlights.org...

Volcanic activity, geological fault lines and solar activity have also been suggested as a possible cause.

Paul Devereaux has tried to explain away the UFO phenomena as being completely compatible to earth light activity. But what he has managed to avoid is the accounts of "earth lights" reacting to humans in an almost intelligent manner:

Devereux fails to recognize that when the various reports of 'earthlights' are carefully studied, a wide variety of lightforms is quickly noted; but even more, the reports describe objects so artificial in appearance, so intelligent in their behavior, so purposeful, that it is impossible to conceive that the objects are anything other than technological machines.

www.skygaze.com...

So are we dealing with naturally occuring phenomena, UFOs in the alien sense, or a combination of the two. That they occur during earthquakes is beyond question. This from the quake in Peru last year:

Witnesses to Ball Lightning have described round, glowing objects moving about at fast and slow speeds. These objects seem to interact with their environment - i.e. they turn corners, avoid obstacles, move along the contours of hilltops, etc. It is easy to imagine eyewitnesses who are unfamiliar with Ball Lightning research to interpret such events as due to ghosts or extraterrestrials and report their sightings this way.

[url]http://www.project1947.com/shg/bl_intro.html" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.youtube.com...[/yvid]

Their appearance is being touted as a possible warning of an impending quake. Even though experiments have been done that replicate, on a very small scale, this effect, being able to reproduce it does not explain it away, IMO. For me, the fact that they have been observed to do the strangest things suggests we are looking at something very odd.

In their guise as ball-lightning (another explanation) they:

Witnesses to Ball Lightning have described round, glowing objects moving about at fast and slow speeds. These objects seem to interact with their environment - i.e. they turn corners, avoid obstacles, move along the contours of hilltops, etc. It is easy to imagine eyewitnesses who are unfamiliar with Ball Lightning research to interpret such events as due to ghosts or extraterrestrials and report their sightings this way.

[url]http://www.project1947.com/shg/bl_intro.html

So they have an otherworldly quality, an ability to give the observer a sense of witnessing something alive. There are many researchers studying earthlights, and as yet there is no hard and fast explanation, no concrete proof as to what they are. Time will tell...

Earthlights undoubtedly account for many UFO sightings, but they can't explain them all. And who's to say ET UFOs don't mimic earth lights as a disguise?

Edits:typing with a massive hangover

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Beamish]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

awsome post and thanks I will read up on them and save but the lights these people saw were like fire balls so I dont think thats what it was cause those lites are like a glow arent they I will read up on them and agian great post and thanks !!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Like I said two threads on this - one is called Lafayette Lights..the other has a lot of recent activity. What many are seeing are Orange(AMber) lights that come/go in a sequence. This was on the night of Sonic Boom but many nights before - this year and the last few years.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that wierd I can't find the story I saw on my news channels anywhere ???
with the guy who was describing how the lights acted and what they were doing wounder why? and the fact they reported it to be a meteor how do you mixup flares and meteors ????

can anyone explian if this is possible ???

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Please if anyone can find other clips on this story besides the ones i have link to please post

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyInRed
Please if anyone can find other clips on this story besides the ones i have link to please post

Hi LadyInRed. ~Here~ is a link to last night's wishtv8 report that shows the actual video that was shot by a Kokomo resident (may be one of our ATS-er's, I'm checking on that) and given to mufon. The video clip is actually very interesting and I will be following the mufon report closely.

With that said, I don't really see a relation to the earthquake today. I've been here all my life, and we have had several of these. The northern Indiana sightings have been going on for some time now. But, one never really knows.

Edit to add that to view this particular video, scroll down withing the video player to the clip titled: "Shaken Residents Describes 'Boom'".

[edit on 18-4-2008 by hsur2112]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join