It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie above you 1 to 10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thought I'd start a rate the movie above you 1 to 10, reason being, is that these movies were life changing movies, started re-watching them for meaning rather than just entertainment!

Groundhog Day

Rodrigo

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

6/10 acting wasnt to great
but it was comical

Soul Plane

[edit on 17-4-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"Soul Plane"
7/10
A junkfood movie that didnt require any thought,just sit back and laugh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghostbusters

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ghostbusters
8.5/10
Who hasn't wanted to be an unemployed parapsychology professor who makes it big time by starting a ghost busting business? An instant classic.

The Forgotten

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I personally loved The Forgotten.
8/10

How about... Mr. Brooks?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I watched this movie today and I must admit that I liked very much what I saw. Never a dull moment in this one. 9/10

I've thought for a moment all the movies that I have ever watched, and the one that comes to mind as being my favourite would have to be Legend. The atmosphere, the theme, the characters and even the soundtrack complement one another in this movie greater than any other I have seen.

The story is set "once, long ago" in a world of unicorns, fairies, goblins and demons.

Hidden in a dark lair, the antagonist, the Lord of Darkness (Tim Curry) instructs his goblin servant Blix (Alice Playten) to locate the two unicorns that roam in the nearby forest and remove their horns. If the unicorns die and their horns are removed, the Lord of Darkness can ensure that dawn never again breaks, and sunshine (his "destroyer") never returns.

In the forest, Jack O' The Green (Tom Cruise), a young hermit,[1] meets with his love, Princess Lily (Mia Sara). As one of few forest dwellers allowed to locate the unicorns, Jack takes Lily to see the creatures, while followed by Blix and his two cohorts Pox and Blunder. The unicorns appear, and Lily ignores Jack's pleas to not touch them. As Lily approaches the unicorns, the goblins attack. The unicorns are hunted until the unharmed one is captured and the injured one has its horn removed by Blix. [color=786cd2]Wikipedia - Legend

The trailer:

Some clips and music from Legend:

Loved by the Sun ([color=786cd2]Tangerine Dream)

Last Rendezvous (Tangerine Dream)

Various scores ([color=786cd2]Jerry Goldsmith)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Never seen any of the above movies!! cannot comment!

Zoolander! released on my birthday!

RELAX is the trigger! RELAX!!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Zoolander, definitely the funniest Ben Stiller movie IMO, 8.5 out of 10.

Hows about.........

Peace

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
9 out 10

comical genius. I would have given it a 10, but nothing is perfect.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

In my (hazy
) mind, you couldn't have picked a better duo than Depp and Benicio del Toro to play the roles of Raoul Duke and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo. What a wild journey into Sin City, during the early 70s!
9/10 - for cultural messages and just good hard laughs.

.... and now..... speaking of Sin City!

Sin City

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sin City = 9-10 once again

You cannot go wrong when there is hookers and guns, but hookers with guns. Woah... And the cast is amazing. Beautiful well talented women, actors that are on point. Stylized, and convinving enough to pull people in to another world.

Dark City

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Never seen Dark City so cannot rate or comment.
But what about John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.
One of the best sci-fi/horror movies ever made, IMO and still stands the test of time today.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

the thing is a classic it gets a 10 out 10 from me

moving on to another classic film how about the fly Directed by David Cronenberg

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Thing definitely gets a HUGE 9/10.. Fantastic flick...

How about this for classic comedy..

Monty Python and The Search for the Holy Grail

One of my most favorite movies of all time...

Semper

Edited for better clarity..

[edit on 5/16/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Definintely going to have to say 10 (and I dont often give that one out). What an excellent movie...

I'd like to suggest Brazil. I have no idea how many times I've watched it but I still pick up little tidbits each time that I never noticed before. I think I may just watch it again, it's been awhile.

top topics

join