It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Lights, Boom Baffle Residents, Authorities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Mysterious Lights, Boom Baffle Residents, Authorities

www.theindychannel.com

KOKOMO, Ind. -- Strange sights and sounds filled the nighttime sky in Howard and Tipton counties late Wednesday night, leaving residents and authorities wondering what they had seen.

Reports of lights in the sky, crashes and vibrations on the ground baffled residents, who began calling authorities right after the rumblings at about 10:30 p.m.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Is anyoen from there maybe that knows a bit more? It doesnt really say what it was only a possible meteorite

www.theindychannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.kokomotribune.com...
www.indystar.com.../20080417/NEWS/804170462
www.wthr.com...

Some news sources are saying it was the result of a meteor exploding in mid-air. Others are saying F-16 training runs are responsible.
A similar incident was reported 40 miles north on the previous night.
By my count, reports have been submitted from folks in at least 6 different counties.
So far, no one knows for sure what the cause was.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Okay, time to start gathering the facts.

- Explosion. Multiple witnesses did view an object burn and explode. The concussion blast shook them, and other houses waking and alarming other residents.

- Flight group. Multiple witnesses did see aircraft in a V formation. Some viewed it as 2 flight groups within 30 feet of one another.

- Flares were dropped.

- The exploding object was seen by multiple witnesses descending North of Kokomo. The distance to the north cannot be verified, each witness judged it at different distances, but all placed the object north of Kokomo.

Now for the explanations.
1: Meteor; meteors are simply not met by a fighter group. And would rarely explode in mid air. A meteor large enough to create a shock wave upon entry, even if it did explode, would leave an incredible amount of debris and would likely have been hot enough on touch down to start a few fires in the fields.

2: Training mission; training missions do not involve exploding. I'm not sure what your pilots practice for... but ours don't practice exploding.

My hypothesis is, something or someone was shot down. At high enough velocities, an aircraft would literally disintegrate when shot down. The pieces would be small enough, or mangled enough to go easily un-noticed for a while.

Who or what was bagged. Whether it be pilot or missile, and it's origin, remains unknown.

Essentially, we need SOMETHING. Even flares leave casings behind. At least find THAT.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was thinking maybe another weapons test gone bad?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by H34T533K3R

I just tried to post a thread on this, got there just before me

Ive been having a look for any live/stored feed webcams in indiana but i cant find a bearing of where the incident happened or any decent cams.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by T.Smith
reply to post by H34T533K3R

Ive been having a look for any live/stored feed webcams in indiana but i cant find a bearing of where the incident happened or any decent cams.

The area of last night's boom (Kokomo) is 50 miles due north of Indianapolis, IN. The boom from the previous night was reported in the area of Logansport, which is another 15 miles north of Kokomo. Grissom AFB is half way between Logasport and Kokomo. Grissom was deactivated in the 90's, though the reserves still use the runway.
It may be a challenge finding any sort of webcam footage from the area. There are a lot of cornfields, and not much more,

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is already a whole thread much is dealing with this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out

top topics

join