It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

from absolutely nothing to something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When I try to wrap my mind around the concept of a conscious creator god that existed for an infinite number of years, before "he" decided to create both an amazingly vast physical universe, along with non-physical dimensions, it's very hard to say I know it is true.

I question why "he" would chose to depart from the perfection that his existence expressed, and I also question why he would choose a reality that involves the possibilty of war, murder, hunger, disease, ageing, disease, and death. Being god, he had to know what would happen.

I mean, god was creating a physical reality from scratch. Why not eliminate the really ugly aspects of physical existence such as war and rape. If he is pure love, why subject his creation to such violent extremes? (And don't ask me the question of why a loving god could possibly create a system where some of his creations might end up in a very unpleasant hellish environment for all eternity. You know who I'm talking about. The children of crack addicts, etc. ...)

It's also very hard to accept the idea that a conscious, non-physical creator god could be aware of every leaf on every tree, every pimple on every human.

So when my logical, rational brain does this analysis, the result is that I end up with a rejection of the god idea.

But when I think very hard about how the physical universe first began, I begin to have doubts. The big bang theory, which isn't a slam dunk when you look at some recent scientific evidence, involves the idea that the very first preatomic, physical stuff, electrons and ions, spontaneously erupted from a vacuum that wasn't confined to any location.

When the vacuum is everywhere, even when there is no where, I have a lot of trouble believing that electrons and ions, or anything else, could spring forth from this nothingness.

And that's when I wonder whether a creator god or force might have played a role.

Sometimes I think a creator god exists, and sometimes I don't.

w

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Maybe we are all mini-gods/spirits and god created this system to filter out/teach other lesser spirits the right way to create/act or at least how to do it in a way that god likes.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've said it before and you'll say it again...

I am a figment of your imagination. Nothing you see is real. You are God, and this is how you amuse yourself, by trying to forget your omnipotence.

join