It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dudess checking in...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi All -

I'm Dudess (as in Dude-ess), a moniker my kids and their friends bestowed on me years ago, when I objected to being called "dude." Didn't know what else to call myself here, so this seemed as good a name as any...

Well, I'm 47 years old, just celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary, and you already know I'm a mom - one son and one daughter, both in their 20s now. Not a typical mom tho - not a typical anything! But neither were my parents, so I come by it honestly. No TV growing up, so grew up reading instead. Everything from astrology (which I still practice), to Edgar Cayce and Ruth Montgomery, to Zen Buddhism.

Politically, I guess my philosophy is Libertarian - i.e., fiscal conservative, social liberal. I think of myself as a Purple Patriot - not red or blue. Like Colbert, I'm part of the Blame American Last crowd. Don't hate Bush or think he's evil, don't believe 9/11 was an inside job, and don't believe "global warming" is man-made. I don't blame any one person for the world's current problems, but do believe "we, the people" are the answer.

I look forward to posting and discussing issues here. Not worried about intimidation - grew up with five brothers and sisters, and already survived parenting teenagers... No one can call me anything worse than I've been called before!!! Whatever happens though, I will be nice no matter what because that's how I roll.

Peace and Light - Dudess

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, enjoy your stay

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Welcome Dude-ess....

GREAT opening introduction by the way...

Welcome to ATS and I hope your time here is enlightening and I also hope you enlighten us as well...

Here is some GREAT information to make your time here easier and more fun...

Important links

Here is a GREAT link to some threads of the same political vein you seem interested in.. (Lots of good points being awarded there I hear)

Political Ideology

Again,

Welcome

Semper

new topics

top topics

join