It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft experts, can you analyze this pic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
That was taken on a clear dry day... no other clouds in the sky; fire hazard forecast.

Comparing the size of the craft that formed the trail to the size of the prop plane it was at least 2-3x higher altitude and in the picture it appears more than 10x the wingspan of the prop plane.

if the prop plane had a 50' wingspan... that cloud is likely 50x10x2.5 = 1250; quarter mile wide.

I don't understand how something that big and wide could be formed by a condensing contrail off a high altitude jet.

Sri Oracle

Surface temperatures and humidity don't directly correlate to high altitude conditions. If they did we would never have invented weather balloons. The plane probably has a wingspan closer to 30feet than 50, but even if it were 50 and we used your VERY approximate numbers; you don't understand how engine exhaust from two seperate engines could diffuse from five miles high to a quarter mile wide? If I take a spray bottle of Lysol, for example, and spray it while walking through my house, how wide does the Lysol trail become? Several times as wide as the nozzle does it not? It is the same principle with the exhaust exiting the engine nozzles at high speed.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sri Oracle, have you ever been to an air show?

Some aircraft use various machanics in order to achieve an exhaust contrail, these don't necessarily need to have an exact atmospheric condition, because they're made purposefully, and sometimes are needed to last for quite sometime! You gotta love the glider demonstration that they do from time to time, this concept is the very same that the photo you are referring to is doing, from the appearance.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
I'm just going to say it: chemtrails are BS.

Relax - everything's OK.

Just my $.02US.

texasweathermodification.com...
www.weathermodification.org...
www.iceflares.com...

research:

silver iodide
potassium bromide
hygroscopic flares

February 1st, 2008 at 8:46 am
China Demands Good Weather for the Olympics
in: Science & Technology News

Chinese weather experts say they have stopped the rain from falling in experiments, so their next big task will be to guarantee a dry opening ceremony at August’s Olympic Games.

www.impactlab.com...

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
All those things involve flying into already existing clouds and providing something for water to nucleate on or lowering the temperature for water to supersaturate. It does not involve flying at very high altitude spraying unknown liquids possibly poisonous for reasons unknown. Cloud seeding would be difficult to be confused by what is commonly referred to as "chemtrails"

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what is that?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks like a contrail, or smoke trail...did you read my post above?
Performing aircraft (and the plane that made it definately looks like it) occassionally use smoke, and contrails during stunts. It's not dangerous, but it smells bad!

I wanna also add, that conditions at the certain altitude occassional are different from conditions at sea-or-level altitude. Plus on top of that...from the looks of that contrail, it looks simply like what I have mentioned, I know the plane in the pic isn't necessarily it, but the concept is fairly the same.

Depending on the conditions it'll disipate in time.

[edit on 18.4.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So what is that?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

Take a look at this posting, hopefully it will help.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
J5 airway starts at LAX vor and heads directly north, right over the San Fernando Valley, to a intersection named "LANDO" just north of the valley. For example, aircraft departing say... San Diego heading to Seattle will most often fly the J5 jetway.

flightaware.com...

On Wednesday, you have five aircraft fly over in that directon, just between San Diego and Seattle.

From KSAN to KSFO.

flightaware.com...

SXC = Santa Catalina island.

VTU = A navaid on one of the hills of San Fernando Valley.

There are also Southwest aircraft which have the same paintjob as the aircraft you photographed that fly that route - and that's what it is. I mean, you COULD beleive it's a chem spraying plane.... or.... you could beleive it's a normal airliner that has been proven to fly directly above you many, many times on a regular basic. You decide.

I'm tired right now, I can explain why planes appear to cross at certain points if you wish. I'll be abled to do it tomorow, I'm tired - 40 laps of gokarting is tiring.

___

Also, I have a few questions.

What is a scientific reason that is preventing Contrails from persisting and fanning out?

[edit on 19/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok so far no more trails since my first post and pics. Weve had both types of weather. Warm, dry and clear then cool and cloudy.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
Ok so far no more trails since my first post and pics. Weve had both types of weather. Warm, dry and clear then cool and cloudy.

I put out the word you were on to us, so we've stopped spraying for awhile

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

um... I thought these "contrails could not form at such low altitudes???
if you can see the prop plane that clearly and it is above the "contrail"...
then this contrail is WAY below the level of what everyone keeps saying
contrails can form..

I too have seen these so called "CONTRAILS" form way below the cloud
ceiling and never get a good answer...
essan,, care to give it a go?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

That prop plane isn't higher than the contrail, it will just be a zoomed in image on a distant plane.

Then how you get it to be above the contrail I don't know. There isn't any evidence in the image to suggest that, anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So what is the purpose of 737 flying grid patterns in the sky over various cities? Seems like a big waste of expensive fuel to do some loopty loos.

Does anyone know what type of plane they plan on using to disperse the pesticide in N. California for that moth?

aftermathnews.wordpress.com...

Umm, do you realize how much air traffic their is out of California? There are not just random 737s going about making grids for the heck of it.

Look at all the busy airports there are, and lets send planes out in every direction. Lets also have incoming planes from every direction. Are you going to tell us that there are not going to be any contrails that intersect at all?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatTrick
I'm just going to say it: chemtrails are BS.

Relax - everything's OK.

Just my $.02US.

texasweathermodification.com...
www.weathermodification.org...
www.iceflares.com...

research:

silver iodide
potassium bromide
hygroscopic flares

Sorry, those do not make your silly chemtrails. That is "cloud" seeding you can see, not blue sky seeding, nor could a small plane ever carry that much to make some vast trails.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I am wondering what type of planes are leaving these trails over the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles county. I've been documenting them with pics for a while and today I finally caught a pic of the plane doing it.

Please email me if you want the original uncropped file.

well i see these Contrails all the time..I work at an Airport, so I see them from 747, 777, 727, MD-11. This one looks like a 737 tho....here is soeminfo on contrails..
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join