It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown of U.S. Dollar Underway as China Dumps the Currency

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
In short, if China dumps the dollar the US and China are toast. who but us Americans will buy their crappy stuff in bulk at the wallyworld. No tiki NO LAUNDRY!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Sorry, pal but china will not be toast by dumping the dollar. They are just unloading worthlessness. They sell their poison now to the rest of the world and pretty much have the economic control of the world.

Our administration past and present as well as the British Empire, et all have groomed this horrible, evil nation into its present place.

This was no accident and no mistake.

China would never dump the uncle buck if it would destroy them. They are evil and crazy... but far from stupid.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Every one is correct other than all the USA has to do is tell China we will no longer accept their goods. It would drive China into KAOS. China needs us as much as we need CHINA.
This is what happens when we export all of our MADE IN THE USA PRODUCTS TO CHINA so we can buy cheep JUNK that has a short life span. Brought to you by the good friends of WALMART!
To change this we as americians need to call your politicians and urge them to bring our manufactering jobs home and put AMERICA back to work.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Someone out there still wants to see the Amero come into effect.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i dont really get the point of economy, people seemed to get along fine even without trading with each other.....

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardDolan
i dont really get the point of economy, people seemed to get along fine even without trading with each other.....

People "seemed to get along fine?" How do you know that, from watching Hollywood movies?

Perhaps you should do a cursory study of history and warfare, starting from the Stone Age onwards.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Riposte]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

You know perhaps,Lenin had the right idea,you want to rebuild your economy
start by excuting the the stock brokers and traders.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by mike dangerously]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
1.4 trillion. Don't make me laugh. That is nothing in comparison to how much we owe them (and others). Now if they demanded us pay them back in the next 5 years I'd be concerned. 1.4 trillion....ha! I may be off base on this, but how do we pay them back if our dollar is worthless?

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Draves]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWRHINO
The Chinese economy is currently structured upon USA debt. Similar the the derivative market that is structured on mortgage debt.

So, China's economic future is based upon the USA's ability to pay back the debt structure. The Iraq war has been financed by China and the oil producing countries agreement to accept USA debt (promise) instead of goods, services or cash.

The USA is like the guy who can't pay his mortgage, which would cause a domino effect in the derivative market and extreme corrections through out the world.

The lending nations know that the USA must be given every possible opportunity to pay back the debt in order for the lending nations to exist economically.

So, Dollars, Euros, Ameros or even more structured debt, they will take what ever they can to "perpetually delay the inevitable"

The real concern is that this debt will have to paid back by the labor of the workers who have not even been born yet.

Yes , America your grandchildren will be born into bondage, but hey then again, so were we !!!

I'll admit that I have not read the entire thread yet, so maybe someone else has already asked this:

What happens if instead of wanting to maximize the debtor's ability to pay back the "mortgage", the lender decides to "reposess" the "collateral"?

BTW, what is the collateral here?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

That is a good question. Does it even work that way for foreign debt? What could we have possibly given as collateral? Perhaps we don't want to know? Maybe that is what George Bush SR was talking about when he said that if the American people knew what they had done, we would lynch them in the streets.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Today the EURO costs almost 1,55 us$. Some weeks before was 1,60. If i'm right, when the euro hit the market it was somethink like 0,90 us$ for a euro. I've heard in the news one month ago, the story for China and the us$. I only have a question. Is there any possibility that the us$ is dropping intentionally in order to create a much stronger currency like the Amero theory?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
reply to post by Karlhungis

What I meant to say was in response to people claiming the close economic relations between China and the US, and that they're not as close as between the US and Canada, and that if China was to ditch the dollar they are unlikely to adopt the Canadian coin.

I think that not only does China hold debt against the US but also holds massive reserves of the currency, just in case, reserves they would not devalue unnecessarily by such statements.

America and Europe are well aware of the impending MASSIVE inflationary pressure looming as the Chinese valve of cheap production is closed - this combined with the credit squeeze, commodity scarcity, food prices hikes, oil prices will mean a massive inlfationary pressure causeing disasterous slow down in the economy at the exact moment when the opposite is needed - this is serious bannanas.

The Chinese are divesting themselves of U.S. currency - however instead of doing it stupidly (dumping it) they are moving it into assets such as BP and others. Further they have been re-lending it back to the U.S. in Bailouts for the sub-prime collapse.

Meanwhile the E.U. and U.S. have gone on the offensive against China in a PR campaign aimed at driving consummer sentiment away from China by highlighting their human rights and Tibet controversies - along with China and Darfur - An interesting approach as Palestine and "THE REST OF AFRICA" which has been comprehensively screwed by Europe and U.S. crumble in despair......the main reason you care about Tibet is because the government is worried about ptential inflation and wants China to be put back in its place - so when you are active against China - you are doing the good work of the NWO.

China, Russia (the BRIC) and others are moving beyond the U.S. - many countries are now moving to the barter system on food and other commodites such as oil - further forcing America to the wall -

Basically - you will have to invade Iran to secure the resources you need as your economy is going into meltdown from every perspective - the combination of factors is compounding and causing a positive feedback loop - those of you who are advocating a cuationary response are wise in that it will slow the inevitable demise and prevent a "rush" - however this is all too far gone to prevent -

buy a farm and learn how to become self sufficient - we are heading for global depression.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Your right, the saudi's and china are the last that would make the differance. This collapse is done by design, so they can make way for the amero..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The Amero will be another Fed Reserve trick designed to plunge the debts terminally. This too is part of the plan. So what would back this new currency?

China certainly is not going to take stock in U.S. Paper- why should they- they pretty much have control of the paper products industry:

www.paperage.com...

I would take real estate and resources- and I would need them to relocate my 2 billion plus people because... well you know!

So American joins with Canada and Mexico to assume debts and increase the value of the Amero by joining our collateral real estate holdings and resources- driving everyone on the north American continent further into final debt. A slow indoctrination into the accepting fascism and communistic regime via a dictatorship- is merely preparing the real estate for an "open house"- China can determine whether to buy it or not- they might purchase it as well as other "homes" to house their polluted people and giving them the land they were all originally promised- sacrificing the homeland for a bigger and better world will be an adjustment- but having more "space" for an ever growing family is the key in deciding to buy a bigger "home".

The Amero and the NAU is an "open house" for a ruthless Realtor- and nothing more!

If the public does not submit- then the Realtor shall initiate imminent domain- giving us all fair market value for our property, life, and liberty. Therefore it is important to remember who sets current market value....

Is it the buyer or the seller

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The dollar is in a tailspin, the trade deficit is growing and a recession is on the horizon. The American way of life is in serious danger. But the head of the Federal Reserve keeps on pumping easy credit into the system -- a crazy policy that will worsen the crisis.

Source

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

excellent post i couldnt agree with you more its gonna get ugly.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Has anyone realized whats going on in the countries of Europe? Some of the countries are in big trouble thanks to the value of the Euro. Countries with good economies such as Germany, Italy and Spain are seeing all kinds of inflationary pressures due to the value of the Euro. They are realizing that the goods they produce are harder and harder to sell.....or compete against those goods made in China and, thats right, in the USA. 2 Countries that can export at lower prices. 1 because of the the declining value of their currency and the other due the fact that it costs next to nothing to use slave labor.

This is going to be a huge problem going forward if the value of the Euro does not begin to decline, for countries like this. Before you know we will begin to hear calls of dumping the Euro in Germany and returning to the Deutsch Mark, or the Italian Lire in Italy or the Franc in France.

Could the US secretly be plotting such an event? I actually don't our government that much credit, but if the word gets out that the countries of Europe are unhappy with the Euro, I don't see the US trying to change things by buying back the dollar.

First of all Traderonwallst,

The Forex and future markets exist for hedgers...so the German exporters, for instance, can sell short the dollar or buy futures in the Euro and not be hurt at all by the currency exchange. We can be sure these corporations are the real experts at it. The smart corporations are not being hurt really by the falling dollar's influence on exports (even tho' some crocodile tears are publicly shed).

Also, the globalist corporations sent our US manufacturing base overseas. It is not about environmental laws; it's about money: cheap labor.

Also, the Euro is being PROTECTED against inflation because the EU central bankers are not cutting interest rates like Helicopter Ben. You are wrong about EU inflationary pressures; the price for oil they pay is remaining moderate while in dollars it goes up, up, up. The US is taking a much bigger hit in inflation.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by brygivrob]

[edit on 16-4-2008 by brygivrob]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

That sounds like a threat...........

By the way, I am neither. At least not any longer. Have not been since 2002. I was never a broker.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by barmshadow84

Yes, its no so simple as china dumping the usd and the usa stoping to buy from china... Most of the biggest us companies are producing in china, chinese businessmen own vast numbers of stocks in the us markets, its all connected.

You americans must get rid from the incompetent president and administration you have now and learn the lesson so you don´t choose a jerk like this in the near future.

The only way is for you americans to rebuild your country, get together with the rest of the world and stop spending money in guns and useless things like that and take your part along with all the other world nations.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You know, I once watched a movie about survival tactics after a nuclear war. That movie was made in the 60's and was a black & white.

Do you realize that all animals outside while the fallout is coming down would eventually die?

Fallout comes down for 2 weeks afterwords.

Do you realize that after that 2 weeks, you would have remove the top 15 inches of topsoil inorder to plant crops that wouldn't die from radiation poisoning. Additionally, if the crop did grow in that soil it would be do radioactive to eat.

Have you ever dug a 15 inch hole? In alot of areas in the U.S., there isn't 15 inches of topsoil. Those areas would never be able to grow food again.

Now lets talk about shelter. You need atleat 9 inches of dirt to keep out radiation, and that only absorbs 80% in 2 weeks. This doesn't add to the fact that you will continusously be dealing with radiation in your home as long as it was built pre-war.

You know, If I had my choices of how war was going to come down, I would prefer chemical, or biological warfare compared to nuclear anyday.

I would rather die of the cold, then linger for years sick, and slowly rotting.

I hope to god that we never have a nuclear war. This being said, I agree with a post I saw before. No super-power can stay on top forever. I just doesn't happen. The longer we postpone our demise, the harder the crash is going to be.

It's kinda like being on a freight train that you know is going to derail by hitting a bus, do you try to slow it down, increase speed to hop over it, or continue on the speed your on?

I say slow down, our government in my opinion, says speed up, and the economist are saying, oh its only a small bump, just keep going it will be alright.

You know what though, doesn't matter what any of us say, only the bus driver, any we haven't had a decent one of them in a long while.

Cheers,

Camain

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join