It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the chinese have the right to live like americans or europeans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I don't mean exactly of course, I mean the standard of living.
I think if there are no environmental concerns, of course. But the video does raise an important issue. I think the americans and the europeans should cut down a lot.

If global warming is not caused by humans, then the chinese can just go ahead, I think. It's really dilemmatic, you know.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As long as there is still debate on whether climate change is taking place, people will continue to justify their actions by using "fairness" as an excuse. The government (especially the US) needs to tell people that global warming exists and actually make policies DESPITE the fact that it might compromise the economy. The cost of not doing anything today will have drastic effects on the future.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yuwing

Unfortunately I don't think the chinese will back off even when the evidence is leaning toward man made global warming. They will demand the US and Europe to cut down, to change their way of life dramatically. But americans and europeans simply would not do that, they're not used to it. I don't think the americans especially will be able to cut their carbon footprint by 70%. I just don't think so.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No, we are not going to magically change the way our economy runs because of a potentially imaginary problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think the chinese should just go full throttle right now, and I bet they're doing it. Because a lot of chinese (and indians) are poor, and people should not try to hinder their ascend to a better life, (while the other party won't even cut down their consumption), it's not fair at all.

Nobody knows whether global warming is man made or not (or imaginary). And if it's unstoppable, well, at least the chinese and the indians got to live their last moments not in poverty.

new topics

top topics

join