It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim videos are proof of Alzheimer's breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Researchers at the Institute for Neurological Research at the University of California have announced that they have discovered a revolutionary new way of reducing the symptoms of Alzheimer's by injecting patients with anti-arthritic drugs.

An injection that dramatically relieved the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease within minutes would qualify as the discovery of the decade. That is exactly what was claimed yesterday for an experimental treatment being tested in America.

In one, a nurse sits down with an 82-year-old patient, Marvin Millar, who frowns and mumbles incoherently as she asks him identify everyday objects such as a bracelet and a pencil, which he is unable to do.
But five minutes after being injected with etanercept – according to the film which was supplied and edited by the clinic – he greets his wife. Visibly shocked, she says he has not recognised her for years. Mr Miller then hugs her.

www.independent.co.uk...

This one of the best news Ive heard in recent memory. Fingers crossed everyone. This may be a winner.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I hope they hurry up with the repeat studies and not drag it out.

i think it is very important.

very few people seem interested here.

maybe they think it won't happen to them...?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

I'm very interested as my late mother in her later years suffered from horrible dementia and senility.

There probably is an genetic connection. I'm sure I'll need a bucket of that stuff!!!

S&F...........

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
any more progress...?

total quiet on the news....

maybe this is too cheap and the drug companies want to suppress it...

so they can peddle the usual patented toxins.

drug companies control the media using bribery, coercion and blackmail.

top topics

join