It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the bible code true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
once (on the history chanel) there were experts that somehow, in their on words, decrypted the bible and said that a nuclear war could occur in the imminent years. is there any validity to this statement.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No ........................................................................

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think this has been disproven (with the realisation that the same "messages" exist in such books like Moby Dick, etc).

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Exactly Bogus. You do what they have done in any book.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
you can take ANY book and with the proper algorythms and loops and whatever else you can make it say anything you want. it's all a bunch of crap.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The over all amounts of words and phrases discovered in the Bible Code far exceed those found in Moby Dick or War and Peace. Then to have similiar/related phrases crossing each other.

And then, too, is the fact that the sections which Codes are found correspond to the actual biblical text... ie, in Daniel, or where-ever, there is the proverb about the king stoning his son, put instead he had the stones broken to pebble size... the code in that section talks about the asteriod which broke apart and hit Jupiter. But, please, don't take my word for it!

www.exodus2006.com...

www.biblecode.com...

Do I believe in the Code? I think so. People have found hidden meanings in everything from Mayan calendars to the alignment of the Pyramids to the Freemasons and the dollar bill... so why is it hard to believe in the Code?

The creator of the code made a statement: Yiou can believe in the Bible without believing in the Code, but you cannot believe in the Code without believing in God.

I think the hardest thing people have with the Code is that it is in the Bible, it is suppossedly written by God, and it tells of future events. Now, one has to remember that time is not a solid force, that it can be bent and twisted (according to modern quantum physics), so the viewing of the future is possible (since everything happens all at once). God, to me, isn't a spiritual being, but rather a physical creature; call him alien or extra dimensional, it doesn't matter... what matters is that God, El, Elohm, Ya, whatever you wish to call him, was/is a real being, who had the abilities to do technologically advanced things.

Check out the sites. See for yourself. Make up your own mind.

But the strongest case I can make for the code is that it has a real connection to the actual printings of the Bible... unlike Moby Dick, where a great white whale in one version is the assassination of Isreal Prime Ministers.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
In one of the books they released about the bible code, they showed a code that said a bomb/missile would explode over new york this year. I think it said it was gonna happen on the first quartal of this year.

Now .. has that happened yet? Well there's still some months left to show if its true.

Then the writer of the book said that maybe the code showed things that could happen, not happenings that were going to happen but that could happen.
but then how could it be real if everything just could happen. Its like a lottery.

I am a bit skeptic about that code

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The "Bible Code" has no merit, the mathematics behind it show that it is completely chance, and similar messages can be found in ANY book if one wanted to try it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the reason it is related to the Bible more than any other book is due to the total word count in the Bible as well as the phrasing and repeated phrases due to the nature of the book itself...

I'm a non believer

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree that exodus 2006 is an excellent site.

Another is www.onealclan.com.

Past predictions that have come true, and future predictions by year, starting with 2005 are posted.

I believe the Code is real. Read Michael Drosnin's book, The Bible Code and The Bible Code II, probably the most complete picture (by a NY Times reporter and Wall St. Journal reporter) who has covered the subject in great detail Drosnin is an atheist but a brilliant writer, and he believes in the Bible Code.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I wonder if I ran the code software on 'Pisky's ATS story', would I get the words 'Blair', 'Traitor', 'disembowell' and 'spoon' ?

Actually, I've only read the first Bible Code book so my knowledge is out of date. But the concept is a fascinating one. I can't really see it working with all translations of the Bible though. For example, the Recovery Version is very different from the KJV.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I believe there is a bible code but it is extremely difficult to get right or interpret ahead of time. For instance if a group of phrases occurred together such as war nuclear etc. etc. you could start believing that a war was coming soon. However, you might miss the words "probably" or "probably not" or some other vague term that means the event is only a metaphor.

I still believe people control which reality they want to live in by their own choices. However, if you believe in alternate realities then you could say that all the possible futures are already happening. This just made me have an interesting thought, I wonder if the bible code might be different in a reality alot different than ours.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I still believe people control which reality they want to live in by their own choices...I wonder if the bible code might be different in a reality alot different than ours.

It's probably my own arrogance, but I hate thinking anything is definite or predestined. I want my choices, good or bad, to drive my future and not just exist according to a written plan.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is a good series on what part of the bible codes are nonsense and which parts are divinely inspired:

www.khouse.org...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
has anyone tried to use the code on the ATS website??

I bet there could be some interesting prophacies and predictions found.

Probably some conspiracies cleared up too!!!!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I wonder if I ran the code software on 'Pisky's ATS story', would I get the words 'Blair', 'Traitor', 'disembowell' and 'spoon' ?

Funnily enough, it does - you should use "Blair is a traitor and should be disembowelled with a spoon" as your signature. It's not subtle - but it is an entertaining image!

The bible code is a mathematical curiosity, but no more valid than finding significant strings of letters in the Lord of the Rings. Why should the bible be any different to any other book?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
[Edited on 21-5-2004 by megoquest]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, if the predictions they have set start to come true, then we will know for sure... I looked up 2005 on a website for the bble code and it showed that between 2004 - 2006 there would be an earthquake in Japan. Oooops, I live here...
But, yes, Japan is overdue for a big earthquake.....

I think that 2005 or 2005 is supposed to be a small pox attack or something like that. It gives a number on how many will die..

So, I guess if we see that happening, then maybe it is on the right course? Still up in the air for me......

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
try this this site...hidden codes

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Several futures are encoded in the first five books of the Bible (Torah).

We have freedom of choice. The future is not written in stone.

Go to this link for a short explanation of relativity, choice and The Torah Code:

onealclan0.tripod.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join