It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Core Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could there really be a weapon of that magnatude like in the core?(the movie)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe who the hell really knows?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oooh I watched that the other day. Awesome movie.

I think a weapon like that is yet to exist, but may be possible in the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Lucky ass. I wanna watch that movie!lol

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
lol
its the most boring movie in a looong while.
the beginning is watchable. but after like 15-30 mins it stops and you feel like dying.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
lol
the beginning is watchable. but after like 15-30 mins it stops and you feel like dying.

LOL really? I thought it would be cool. But i still want to see it.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
someone post some pics or atleast explaine what happens to it!im to lazy to watch it

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The best part of that movie is the name of the material that the vehicle is made from: "unobtainium." The writers didn't invent the word but I would have never heard of it if I hadn't seen the film.

Earthquakes as weapons? I have no doubt that research is going on somewhere but I doubt we are anywhere near achieving practical results. Searching ATS (with the choice new Boolean engine!) gets lots of interesting material that might convince you otherwise.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
lol

i thought it was awesome. but i like scientific stuff.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In a word, "no."

It was really really really really REALLY bad science. The equivalent is that "if you put a sparkler (that firework) on the bumper of a Crown Victoria (car) you can get that car to go from zero to 70 MPH in 2 seconds.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
The best part of that movie is the name of the material that the vehicle is made from: "unobtainium." The writers didn't invent the word but I would have never heard of it if I hadn't seen the film.

Earthquakes as weapons? I have no doubt that research is going on somewhere but I doubt we are anywhere near achieving practical results. Searching ATS (with the choice new Boolean engine!) gets lots of interesting material that might convince you otherwise.

that was probably the coolest thing i saw in the movie besides this guy gettin crushed and being inside that giant cobalt shell with these giant gems....and navigating thru DIAMONDS....if they took some of that home theyd make a lot of money

new topics

top topics

join