It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood Network Watch: Spy on your neighbors, DHS helps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.dhsnnw.org...

Participants in HNAP would collect sample network traffic from their own home networks as well as samples from networks within the vicinity. The Neighborhood Network Watch will be making a set of freely available instructions on how to capture network traffic, using the open source packet sniffer TCPDUMP, and how to log onto nearby wireless networks that maybe being operated by neighbors.

These samples of network traffic would then be sent to the Neighborhood Network Watch for analysis using the latest revision of the NNWKAA. The participants would then be sent back a rating for each network along with a rating for the area as a whole.

This allows the participants to not only find out how their own home network is being used but also valuable information about those around their home that may have large amounts of terrorist related traffic flowing over them.

Be a good Nazi and use the government provided packet sniffers on your neighbors network. This is your duty as a true patriot. If you don't spy on your neighbors, the terrorists win.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I suppose its only fair right? I mean if the feds can have warrant less searches why not your friends and neighbors?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

Yep. I like how they even offer you the option to spy on yourself. This is pretty crazy. I would think it was a joke if it didn't come from the official DHS website.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
99.9999% of Americans are people who don't even have the POTENTIAL of being terrorists.

Asking anyone to spy on the public is a waste of money, time, and effort.

We all want the same things:

- Opportunity to engage in a rewarding career
- Safety for our families. The right to defend ourselves.
- Access to the political process. The ability to affect needed change.
- Government minding its own business
- Fiscal responsibility from government

Let the people have that and terrorism, crime, violence, unemployment, and anti-government sentiment just goes away.... !!!

top topics

join