It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notices when posting on threads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was wondering if it'd be possible to add a notice of some kind when posting on a thread, and letting you know if there has been another post added to the thread while you were typing.
Reason I ask is a few times I'll be typing something, and either not realize I havn't refreshed the page before hand, as I can have a few pages open at once, or some people just beat to the punch.
Occasionaly they answer my question, or have already asked it or provided isomething that makes me change my mind. i know the edit feature is nice, but it's a feature I've found useful on other forums.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I generally keep the thread in one tab and my post composition window in another.

If I take a bit of time to compose my post, (and I generally do, I'm an OCD hunt and pecker
) I'll refresh the thread tab before posting just to be sure I'm not missing anything new that's been added while I was poking away at the keys.

Also, the "preview post" button is your friend; if the thread is still on the first page it'll update and display to the latest post in the Topic Review (below the composition field) when you preview.

join