It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope won't break bread with Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Pope won't break bread with Bush

rawstory.com

The White House has scheduled a dinner next week in honor of Pope Benedict XVI's first visit to the United States, but one guest will be conspicuously absent from the proceedings: the pope himself.

There are no competing events listed on the pope's schedule, and the White House was unable to explain Benedict's absence from the dinner.

Benedict's schedule does not indicate any events that would conflict with his ability to attend the 7:30 p.m. dinner that Wednesday. He is just scheduled to return to the Vatican embassy in Washington at the same time after a meeting with US bishops at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington.

It's unclear why the Pope won't be attending the dinner in his honor, but he is expected to touch on issues upon which he and President Bush disagree during the visit, especially the Iraq war.

During his visit to the United Nations a few days later, the Pope will address "the false notion that might makes right," according to a Vatican representative.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.usatoday.com
ap.google.com

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
isnt this interesting, wonder who the MSM isn't pratteling on about this one. The POPE refuses to come to a dinner in his honor at the White House. I guess he doesnt want to dine with international hate mongers.

Another blow to American international relations

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good for the Pope...I wouldn't either.

I wouldn' t cross the street to spit on Bush if his arse was on fire.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Oh, this is truly funny!

Not like I have any respect for either of them, but this hits the heights!!

All I know, is his 'hollyness' is in DC all this week, and it is going to wreak havoc! (Sounds llike a line from Shakespeare....) "Cry havoc! Let loose, the dogs of war!"

Oh know....nothing I've written implies or predicts any intent, and I must absolve myself from all liabilities hereto....

WW

ps....I do know how to spell 'holiness'....it was a joke....

new topics

top topics

join