It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever thought to stage a UFO crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It would be hard to do but I think it would be possible. Get a large remote controlled plane and modify it so its got a few odd flashing lights and doesnt so much resemble a plane anymore. Fly it around over some remote village or town to attract a bit of attention then crash it into a field a few miles aways setting off some pre-planted explosives to make it seem like a large objects crashed.

Then another team of guys go there first, spread a bunch of debris and bits of metal that isnt usually seen by the public. (I cant think of any myself but im sure theres some sort of metal around that looks like it could be from a spacecraft when in fact its from earth)

Then take a few pictures and videos and leak it on the internet to generate more interest and wait and see if the milartary actually do show up to investigate. I dotn really know what the use of doing this would be other than seeing how quick they respond to a possible crashed UFO, if they confiscate cameras and video cameras of people and how they actually carry out the investigation.

***move this if its in the wrong place admins....or if its a silly idea.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
you know every year in Roswell NM the folks down there do a big UFO party. there have been a few times they set up a mock crash for the big event and you know their pretty convincing and don't go to all the trouble you list...

just some old airplane parts scattered around they use a front-end loader to scoop out the ground then take a weed torch and give every thing a burned look... no sweat...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, someone actually did
I don't mean to derail you thread, I just wanted to share this funny video with you:

www.youtube.com...

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Absolutely died watching the video. That is seriously funny.

I thought someone sold a video several years ago that played on network TV about aliens landing and attacking a house. Video was of the people's reaction and they happened to be armed. Only later was it found to be a hoax.

I don't think this would be beyond the reach of a high school film club having some fun.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I hate to burst your bubble, but why stage a UFO crash at all? The only way it would even be remotely believable is if the majority of the thing was built with space age composites or things that one cant normally find at the local Home Depot or a junk yard.

While I have no doubt that UFOs and aliens exist and may have visited our world, your idea would seemingly set back belief in UFOs to an even more laughable thing. If UFOs and aliens are visiting, the best way I can think of for a private group to identify them is to operate their own radar sites to identify possible targets.

Faking a crash site is just a waste of everything involved.

top topics

join