It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill the bastards' South African police advised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Kill the bastards' South African police advised

www.telegraph.co.uk

South Africa’s deputy security minister has told police how to tackle rampant crime in their cities: “kill the bastards”, and do not worry about regulations.

'Kill the bastards' South African police advised
Police were told to fire 'kill shots'

“You must kill the bastards if they threaten you or the community,” Susan Shabangu, told a local police forum in Pretoria.

“I want to assure the police station commissioners and policemen and women that they have permission to kill these criminals.

“You must not worry about the regulations. That is my responsibility. Your responsibility is to serve and protect,” she added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm amazed that nobody posted this here, i just caught it in the newspaper this morning, hopefully i am not too late in posting this.

It really is quite good news, in my opinion. I sincerely hope, despite the article, that this person is kept on. The primary reason that crime is proliferating in the world is because there is no deterrent to it. Criminals know that they will walk free out of court 9 times out of ten, they know that prison sentences are bunk. Hell, here in Canada "Life" means 25 years, with parole after 10.

Hopefully this logic spreads out of south africa, because really, it is the best policy i have seen for dealing with crime in a very, very long time.

Oh, and before someone posts the required "We have a system here, it works, its worked for years, its called LAW" Tell me this: Why can i watch my father walk down the street completely free, when he has dealt drugs for years and had more drunk driving charges than he has fingers?

Its time for a new way of doing things, one that actually has an impact.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Sorry, to burst you bubble of hatred and lust for killing human beings, but South Africa is practically a War zone where crime is common. Canada is like Disneyland compared with S.A. as far as crime goes.

By Sebastien Berger in Johannesburg Telegraph UK

South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world, with more than 19,000 people murdered last year

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Why can i watch my father walk down the street completely free, when he has dealt drugs for years

Because most of us believe he should be free and our system reflects our wishes. Maybe he has fallen through the cracks with the drunk driving, but it's only recently that we begun to crack down on that. I assure you the next generation is getting hard time for multiple DWI offenses, but we're not about to begin killing them or putting them away for ever.

I assure you they're not looking to kill petty dope dealers in South Africa like the man you hate that brought you into this world nor will they kill drunk drivers, unless they resist with the threat of deadly force. I'm sorry for your crises with your dad and maybe it would help you to deal with it by seeking counseling.

I don't know the statistics in Canada, but here in the US violent crime is down in most of the Country. So, it seems our cops & courts are doing that part of their jobs quite well.

Funny you know our cops here in the U.S. can kill if someone points a gun at them as well, nothing new. I'm sure if we had rampant crime like South Africa we too would have to rethink our policies - lucky for us our system is not broken.

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Hopefully this logic spreads out of south africa,

That's a pretty sick wish, that the rest of the world would have so much killing that we would need to implement such measures and throw away civil rights.

Been to Africa, and have seen the crime all around - like night and day compared with America. Obviously they need to take harsh measures because of all the rapes & killing.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I do not know if the "shot at the whites of their eyes" approach is morally correct, but South Africa does have a major crime problem. Detroit, Compton, East London, and pretty much any other city you can think of are "Disneyland" compared to South Africa. I have family in South Africa who have told me of alarming things that go on there.

To give you an idea of how bad it is, people do not stop at red lights because they are affraid of getting car jacked if they stand still. Home invasion robberries are common place, and most people there have been victims of them. People literally cannot safely or enter their homes by foot. They get out of the house by scurrying out the gate by car, and scurrying back in the gate by car.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Yep, I have friends there who would be considered high middle class in the U.S. and their house is made of cinder blocks, concrete & brick with lockable steel bars on every door and window. The sleeping area of the house is situated in a single location that also has a lockable steel gate in the hallway in the middle of the house. The driveway has an electric gate as well. Kind of reminded me like a good OMEGA MAN setup. While I was traveling down the highway I saw a guy in the back of a pickup fighting with the driver attempting to get in his truck as he was going down the highway. We just kept going like nothing happened cause we had kids in our vehicle.

I find it hard to believe the OP is comparing the criminal War zone of SA with Canada. He is way off target in my opinion.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

new topics

top topics

join