It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 20 people have been injured in a blast at a mosque in the southern Iranian city of Shiraz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

At least 20 people have been injured in a blast at a mosque in the southern Iranian city of Shiraz

www.cnn.com

At least 20 people have been injured in a blast at a mosque in the southern Iranian city of Shiraz, Iranian media report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD EDIT: Fixed URL link to direct to the actual story.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Breaking at the top of the page. Why does something seem "odd" about this...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
More on the BBC as well, could this be the start of a false flag operation inside Iran to stir up trouble from within like they have done in the past?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Maybe the Arab sunni minority is hitting back at the Persian shias. A reverse mirror image of what's happening in Iraq?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How long until Iran blames the US for this? Followed by a counter attack. Then we will have no other choice but to go to war with them.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Interesting enough, I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Fox News. Anyways, they had a preview for something coming on later that said "Gen. Petraeus warned against Iran, so why is GE doing business with a country that is killing Americans".

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Or instead of some made up false flag op, this could actually be the work of oh I don't know the MEK who have a long history of just these types of attacks.

But hey lets not look at a likely cause when it is easier and more convienant to just try and blame the US.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Out of curiosity, when was the last time that the MEK blew up a mosque in Iran?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the CIA, spec ops at work again. Bush wants a war so bad he can taste the blood. Bush and his stooges are trying everything short of outright bobmbing Iran to get his war.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Really? Prove it.

If you can.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Umm if mosques are being blown up in IRAN, doesn't this kinda go against the whole Iran is the bad guy deal I mean by U.S, 9/11 logic why would the Iranian Government attack its own people...

This kinda segregates Iran from the whole "they are funding the terrorists" deal if you really think about it, now Iran can play the victim card.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Not sure, but really what does that have to do with anything? MEK are terrorists who have a history of attacking Iran correct?

I haven't seen anything to think that they couldn't have been behind this.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Deadly bomb attacks are unusual in Iran. The last major bombing was by suspected Sunni rebels in the south-eastern city of Zahedan in February last year.

BBC

At first, I thought Kurds, because an Independent Kurdistan would include parts of Iran. Plus, Iran has attacked Kurdish positions in Iraq.

But, however, Sunni rebels are going to blamed again.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This may very well be a false flag event, just not the one most are thinking of.

What if Iran wants a publicly accepted reason to attack (Israel) or have their lapdogs (Hamas/Hezbollia), do their dirty work.

Of course the US and Israel are blamed before anyone has any facts.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It is news that the US sent Al-CIADA in Iraq a year ago, bombing things and killing people to push Iran to do something stupid. Well it seems it's their work.

Bush sanctions black ops against Iran

Us funds terror groups inside Iran

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

According to CNN (see link above), there are conflicting reports of whether there was a bomb involved. Sometimes explosions happen by accident. There may have been a large amount of combustible material stored in the area, there could have been a natural gas leak, or some other non-terror related cause for the explosion.

I have a friend from Iran who told me that on Persian New year he would make his own explosives using combustible materials. Persian New Year was less than one month ago. It can be possible that somebody left left over fireworks or materials to make fireworks near the moss, and the materials accidentally exploded.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Baluchis who are Sunni are notorious for doing this sort of thing. They are said to be funded by the CIA and further it is said that the Baluchis have been promised by the CIA/USA that they will have their own nation i.e., BALUCHISTAN ...

top topics

join