It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Martial Law Act of 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The Martial Law Act of 2006

www.lewrockwell.com

Martial law is perhaps the ultimate stomping of freedom. And yet, on September 30, 2006, Congress passed a provision in a 591-page bill that will make it easy for President Bush to impose martial law in response to a terrorist “incident.” It also empowers him to effectively declare martial law in response to what he or other federal officials label a shortfall of “public order” – whatever that means.

It took only a few paragraphs in a $500 billion, 591-page bill to raze one of the most important limits on federal power. Congress passed the Insurrection Act in 1807 to severely restrict the president’s ability to deploy the military within the United States. The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 tightened those restrictions, imposing a two-year prison sentence on anyone who used the military within the United States without the express permission of Congress. (This act was passed after the depredations of the U.S. military throughout the Southern states during Reconstruction.)

But there is a loophole: Posse Comitatus is waived if the president invokes the Insurrection Act.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey I am New ! So Fight the powers that BE!! Yeah !~

Bush is gonna use this to stop brothers like who know to FIGHT, ot it I know this ATS is the right place I have seen you. We can take it down! Before its too late. Thats right.

www.lewrockwell.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Youknow thias is what they are going tonuse on us to put th people in the camps and take the freedom. This law and the patriot laws are the NWO weapons to put the brothers down and all of us will suffer. WHO says it might be tommorow is what am here to say it might be TODAY and I know you can feell me on that.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Eternally disturbing!

How could our congress be so ignorant, as to sign something they're
not even allowed to READ??

Oh, that's right; they got a bad habit of doing that!

So Shocking, Congress not allowed disclosure

top topics

join