It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Thornton Thing" Ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I did a search here for any info about the so called "Thornton Thing" ghost. I first read about in this article: www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk...

I was very curious about this phenomenon but couldn't find any other info concerning the "Thornton Thing" itself.

It would be interesting to know what kind of electromagnetism is asscociated with the location of the house in the above article.

It's my belief that EM triggers the human brain to create it's own paranormal events.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Electro38]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You're exactly right. EM can make a human brain hallucinate. It can make people think they saw something, heard something, things of that nature.

Though with this story, I'm not sure if it's EM or rather 'the thing' feeding from the energy of the phone.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
k well i aint really into all this but i kinda know bout ghosts my self my house which is over 180 yrs old, and was used in the under ground railroad. is haunted. or atleast all my family and friends thik it is. theres a man u cant see him er nething but wheres a trench coat and a top hat is always there . u can hear him walkin around and we've seen him a few times just standin in the door way. ghosts do exist and not all of em do things to be noticed they just want u to know that they are there. and thats all. sum just have different ways of showin.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So if your so smart and EM's cause everyone's ghost sightings, then whats responsible for evps? you know, where ghosts reply to people, or ghosts doing what people ask..like make a noise or something

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ummmm duh, it is called a residual haunting which the word haunting should not even be used because EVPS and residual "hauntings" have been recorded from people who are still alive! That is right ALIVE! a residual haunting is like a tape recorder, the stone, fabric and wood in a structure can hold the energies that are left behind by someone who spent alot of time in that structure. The home where the manson murders occurred still holds evps of the people who were killed.....1 being the spirit of Jay Seabring who appears to be an intelligent haunt and can communicate with the living and another is most certainly that of Sharon Tate whom you can clearly hear begging for the lives of her and her unborn child which came to no avail and we all know how that ended. Look on youtube for the evps from Sharon Tate......shocking, disturbing and will stay with you for a long time. Also, over time these evps will peter out and die off....for instance you can go to ancient Egyptian and Mayan sites and try to collect evps and get nothing...it has been far too long since those energies exsisted.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I thought the exact same thing while reading that article. I myself work at a supported living home for individuals with severe mental illnesses. This building is about about 150 years old, and is described by almost staff members as being haunted. After reading the recent research on EMFs causing our visual and auditory neurons to misfire, i tested for EMF levels throughout my work site. There is one section of the house that corporate had blessed (twice), because the on site staff threatened to quit if this was not done. In these two rooms, I detected large geomagnetic fields in the exact areas of reported paranormal activity.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Thornton Thing itself sounds like a polt - though I don't think I've ever heard of one manifesting in the same place to two different families - they're supposed to be person-centred phenomena.

What I can't figure is why folk would bury someone with a mobile phone - I find that really creepy. If you're that afraid of being buried alive you should get yourself cremated and have done with it.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join