It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM not reporting on the important topics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Nowadays it seems when an event happens somewhere in the world, theres a media feeding frenzy on it for a few weeks and then drop it and move onto something else.

A couple months ago, Pakistan was reportedly on the brink of civil war. Nuclear weapons were in danger of coming into the hands of pissed off muslims. You couldn't open a newspaper without reading about it. I haven't seen any mention in months now.

The Kosovo dispute is another one. So many rumours of this triggering
World War 3 (Like the superpowers of the world would destroy themselves and the planet over a dirty, corrupt, and tiny piece of land that doesn't even concern them
) Aside from the silly rumours of global warfare, there was other concerns that Kosovo announcing its split from Serbia would have far reaching implications. There were fears that seperatist groups in other countries would try the same thing:

Quebec - Canada
Basques - Spain
Tibet - China
Kurds - Iraq, Turkey, Iran
etc...

I've heard nothing of the Kosovo conflict except for a few skirmishes or UN troops being attacked here and there.

What about the fact that rice is either now unaffordable or soon to be unaffordable to the over 3 billion people that depend on it as their main staple?
Gobal Rioting Potential? The looming meltdown..
I don't think I've even heard about this from any MSM source, just here.

What about the recent accusations from the president of Ecuador that their Intelligence sevice is controlled by the CIA. While this is getting some coverage, this should be front page news as it shows the meddling interventionist nature of the American Intelligence Service. The Americans are close with the Colombian government. They are controlling some of Ecuadors Intelligence services. Colombia is currently having a dispute with Ecuador and Venezuala. Now, I'm not one to point fingers but it now seems like the US is trying to create (more) instablility in South America.
Ecuadors President accuses US

The Haitians storming the Presidental Palace, and having to resort to eating dirt. That should also be front page news. Right off the coast of America, there is people eating dirt. Maybe Bush can take a couple billion off the "defence" budget and send it Haiti's way. Through the Red Cross of course or something similar.Poor Haitians resort to eating dirt

And the most important topic....America's economy is about to go bust, most likely bringing down the global economy with it. The MSM talks about "recession fears" and crap like that, tying to convince Americans that their bubble isn't about to pop and everything is all hunkey dorey. They don't talk about this "recession" being potentially worse than the great depression of the 30's. And given the fact that so many people have lived lavish lifestyles for all their lives, the coming meltdown of their current way of life will be a very hard dose of reality to swallow.

All these important topics are getting medicore to no coverage. Instead Americas MSM is too busy discussing Obama's bowling skills, or having uninterrupted footage of Spitzer's journey to the courthouse.

It is entirely possible I don't watch MSM enough and may have missed them reporting on these important issues, but I think they were too busy brainwashing the American public.

Thats about all I can write, my a$$ is getting too sore

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ben420

MSM not reporting on the important topics

This is why...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Did you know it's perfectly legal to lie and distort the facts and present this breathless, steaming offal as "news?"

Thursday, April 03, 2003 6:59 AM
Subject: FLORIDA COURT RULING SAYS MEDIA CAN LEGALLY LIE

On February 14, a Florida Appeals Court ruled that there is absolutely nothing illegal in a major media organisation lying, concealing or distorting information. The court reversed the US$425,000 jury verdict of 2000 that was in favour of journalist Jane Akre, who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.
Source | netfeed.com | TV network LIES to public FOX news's Rupert Murdoch

More insight into how corrupted the lame stream media really is was presented recently in this thread:

Big Media and The New World Order | The Murdoch Empire

Does anyone else feel the current situation in Texas, the polygamist bust, was deliberately timed to fuel a media feeding frenzy so as to provide cover for other nefarious scheming in the works by the PTB.

Why did the authorities wait four years before cracking down?

What else is going on in the world right now that the PTB would prefer not to be in the limelight?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You are right and furthermore, most "news" isn't even news anymore - it's commentary meant to shape our opinions and feelings, an info bomb if you will.

Here is another story that is big, but not getting much play. When I think about this and the seed vault being in the same region it makes me wonder why the PTB care so much.

cryptogon.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This just reinforces my belief that the media doesn't control what you think, only what you think about. Which is far more powerful. They figured out long ago that controlling the mind isn't possible, eventually it breaks free. But controlling what the mind is exposed to is MUCH more easily implemented and much harder to break loose from.

9/11

Enough said.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There must be a Main Stream Government (MSG) if a MSM exists.

MSM hands are tied by CIA most likely.

Look at 911.

They bullied people about UFOs, campaigned for the aliens image,
lied about the events of WWII and created the National Security
Dictatorship, the Science Dictatorship along with the News, Politics and Finance.

Science Dictatorship

[edit on 4/12/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

new topics

top topics

join