It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Log Cabin Republicans Rethink BUSH (funny if you know LCR)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

After 26 years of fighting the uphill battle to both support and change the Republican Party from within, the Log Cabin Republicans organization is finally getting the message straight from the horse's ass, BUSH.

That signal, "we don't want your kind, and I don't need your vote."

About the Log Cabin Republicans
~LCR - The Conservatives Best Kept Secret~

Log Cabin Republicans (LCR) is the nation's largest gay and lesbian Republican organization. We represent the next generation of the gay and lesbian community. No longer will we be told where we must live, how we must dress, who our leaders must be and how we must vote. Now there is a political alternative.

Log Cabin was founded in 1978 to battle the nation's first anti-gay ballot measure � California's Proposition 6, which would have made it legal to dismiss gay or lesbian public school teachers solely based on their sexual orientation. The gay Republican opposition in Los Angeles came to refer to itself as the Log Cabin Club in reference to Abraham Lincoln and the heritage of the Republican Party. These first Log Cabin activists enlisted Ronald Reagan to publicly oppose the California measure, which then went down to defeat. Since then, Log Cabin Republicans has grown to become a leading voice on the national stage on behalf of the mainstream concerns of the gay and lesbian community.

Yet after 26 years of being staunch supporters of all things Republican, what does the LCR have to say about Bush today?

Log Cabin Republicans Criticize President Bush�s Support for Anti-Family Constitutional Amendment
February 24, 2004
LCR Press Release

(Washington)� �Log Cabin Republicans are more determined than ever to fight the anti-family Constitutional amendment with all our resources,� said Log Cabin Executive Director Patrick Guerriero, in response to the President�s announcement that he will push for the anti-family amendment. �Writing discrimination into our Constitution violates conservative and Republican principles. This amendment would not strengthen marriage�it would weaken our nation.�

�As conservative Republicans, we are outraged that any Republican�particularly the leader of our party and this nation�would support any effort to use our sacred United States Constitution as a way of scoring political points in an election year,� Guerriero said...

My only question: What the hell were they thinking the last 26 years that Republicans were on THEIR side?

Good morning Sunshine... this is your WAKE UP CALL!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's a political wedge intentionally driven by the Bush team as a distraction thinking that it will garner the ancillary benefit of 'energizing voters'. Let them run with it full throttle.
Even the blind man in the last pew can see that he's preaching to the choir.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah, as soon as I heard the news about Bush's new nonsense I HAD to go take a look LCR website. I was glad to see even they weren't so stupid as to follow the great leader on this one. Looks like Bush has lost even more support....

join