It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members, you don’t get anywhere running your mouth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How can you call yourself a patriot? I started a thread wherein Lee Iacocca called us to action. Very little response to this thread which leads me to believe you are all exercising you brain cells and really don’t want someone to take the helm. SHEEPAL!!!!

I Had Enough?

Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course."

Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies. Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I don't need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?

I'll go a step further. You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged. This is a fight I'm ready and willing to have.
www.bordersstores.com...

[edit on 11-4-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The only thing that is going to change this nation is a revolution or civil war. The middle class continues to be weeded out from the rest of the litter. Hell, twenty years from now, you'll have two economic classes: The super rich and the super poor. There will be nothing in between the two.

It's sad. It's damn sad.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

All due respect, Mussel, but you don't know me and you don't know how i choose to oppose what is going on in our government today. I can say the same for the other readers here on the Above Network. At least we're talking about it.

I was at lunch with co-workers yesterday and mentioned that my father and i had been talking about media coverage, etc. I told him my wife and i watch chris matthews on hardball 4 nights per week. He said he doesn't like Matthews, that he's a bit too CONSERVATIVE for him. I told this story to my educated co-workers and know what they said?

"Who is Chris Matthews?"

These are people who make a lot of money, they're educated and they care about our nation. Unfortunately, i'm the one who has to keep my entire office informed on the political happenings because NOBODY DOES THE RESEARCH.

They love George Bush because in their minds, Iraq had WMD and No Child Left Behind is a good thing. I mean, it's called No Child Left Behind. How could it be bad?

People won't be bothered with these things as long as television sucks up our time, as long as our children demand our time, as long as the weekend is only two days long.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

All due respect, Mussel,
it is Musselwhite.

I can say the same for the other readers here on the Above Network. are you their leader?

At least we're talking about it.
for as long as i've been here, yes, that is correct.................my point exactly.

I was at lunch with co-workers yesterday and mentioned that my father and i had been talking about media coverage, etc. I told him my wife and i watch chris matthews on hardball 4 nights per week. He said he doesn't like Matthews, that he's a bit too CONSERVATIVE for him. I told this story to my educated co-workers and know what they said?

"Who is Chris Matthews?"

These are people who make a lot of money, they're educated and they care about our nation. Unfortunately, i'm the one who has to keep my entire office informed on the political happenings because NOBODY DOES THE RESEARCH.

They love George Bush because in their minds, Iraq had WMD and No Child Left Behind is a good thing. I mean, it's called No Child Left Behind. How could it be bad?

People won't be bothered with these things as long as television sucks up our time, as long as our children demand our time, as long as the weekend is only two days long.

yes, the tv, the food, the pleasures............................you are absolutely right and I too hash this over and over and they seem to be interested; however, but for just that moment then the lights go out!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

Cyfre, I think it's admirable that you do the necessary research to have an intelligent discussion of the issues, and so do a lot of people on ATS.

But research, and ATS, take a lot of time. Time is something the middle class has very little of. We spend most of our lives just making enough money to live so we can make some more money to live, etc.American society wasn't always this way. There was a time when people read more and had more discussions with their neighbors. Now most people get all their information from the nightly news, if that much. It isn't that they're lazy and apathetic so much as they just don't have the time or energy to devote to politics. That's mostly a privilege of the retired or otherwise non-working population.

As far as the "no child left behind" program, I'm familiar with that because I teach and it's often a topic among educators. IMO, it's well intentioned but doesn't really solve the problems; it actually creates more.

Musselwhite, unfortunately AbovePolitics is just not as well-traveled a site as ATS. If your threads don't get much attention here it's not that they aren't interesting. It takes patience to post here.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

how in the world did i get on that site? where in the world. i know i'm confused! i want my abovetopsecret back. how do i get it there? somebody help me. i want to know how i got onto this abovepolitics?

would a mod please explain this?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
musselwhite,

You can always run your mouth on The Above Politics show. We welcome members with something to say.

Martin

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think Mussel needs to read and heed the title of his thread.

When the time is right, Mussel, we will be ready. I agree that it is time to act. It simply is not the right time yet.

[edit on 4/11/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
I started a thread www.abovepolitics.com...' ... Very little response

It's in politics. There isn't much going on in this forum. If it was in ATS .. you'd have more lookers. No use in calling people 'sheeple' when in fact no one stops by PTS to look around.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by musselwhite
I started a thread www.abovepolitics.com...' ... Very little response

It's in politics. There isn't much going on in this forum. If it was in ATS .. you'd have more lookers. No use in calling people 'sheeple' when in fact no one stops by PTS to look around.

someone told me above abovepolitics. i just don't know how i got there....it must be age. i couldn't understand the lack of interest in what Lee had to say. i wanted to find someone who would, at least, call us to action. the use of the word "sheepal" together w/thread title was intended to get the attention of members. i realize ats members are not sheepal.

when i came to realize things are not as they seem i've been struggling to know what to do. that's how I came upon ats. through this board i have been able to deal with things unbelievable that i have witnessed and experience personally.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The only thing that is going to change this nation is a revolution or civil war.

Or Jesus Christ himself. Dont count that possibility out.

Just thought Id add that.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hiyah MusselWhite....

wherein Lee Iacocca called us to action. Very little response to this thread which leads me to believe you are all exercising you brain cells and really don’t want someone to take the helm. SHEEPAL!!!!

Well, Lee never called me to action, maybe you're designated as "it"....

What all do you have planned as you take the helm? I personally volunteer to make the signs for this movement of yours...because...I'm a giver

I'm a patriot, I'm outraged, disgruntled and disgusted and I can spell baaaaah baaaaah. If you call us here on ATS "sheepal" you'd better be prepared to back up just what you're doing....please give us a list of what you've done, to further this cause in the last 30 days, to justify calling us "sheepal"

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

please refer to my prior posts and read the explanation of my use of the word "sheepal."

what have i done in the last 30 days............................let's see........... get attention from members.

since november, 2007, i've attempted to get across to people that underground infrastructures located throughout rural america are being manned and stockpiled.

also, i've attempted to show that FEMA is producing millions of coffins right here in Georgia.

but hey, thanks for responding. i need all the direction i can get.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Meh, you post a mediocre news areticle that states what we already know and get no responses. Who would have guessed?

So you're fix is to repost the same article, but instead change the title to insult everone to lure us into reading and replying?

Touche, I guess. It appears to have worked, but I doubt the thread will be very interesting or worthwhile.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

determination and persistence are omnipotent. sometimes it's frustrating when i shouldn't believe everything i think.

top topics

join