It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible human bones/artifacts in coal, and the implications

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Howdy

I thought the explanation for the development of coal was.

Coal Formation starts with accumulation of organic matter (bits of dead plants) in a low oxygen setting such as a peat bog. The organic matter accumulates and forms a bed of peat. The peat bed gets buried by other sediments and under heat and pressure begins to transform to a low grade coal - a Lignite. More heat and pressure further metamorphose the lignite into Bituminous coal. Even more heat and pressure metamorphose the bituminous coal into a nice hard shiny Anthracite.

Coal formation

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Inasmuch as Hanslune has apparently read von Daniken he is well aware there are "alternative" modes of research into cloudy theoretic areas. Personally I find it hard to conceptualize such extensive peat bogs even in prehistoric times to account for the earth's vast deposits of coal and petroleum. A cataclysmic mechanism strikes me as far likelier. In his book "Worlds in Collision," Immanuel Velikovsky gave voluminous r4eferences from folklore around the globe to one such event within the legendary timeframe of modern man. If you go back much farther other vast cataclysms would be likely.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelanteski
Personally I find it hard to conceptualize such extensive peat bogs even in prehistoric times to account for the earth's vast deposits of coal and petroleum.

How much of the Earth's surface today is covered by oil and coal fields? How much is covered (or, used to be covered) by the Amazonian, African, Indian and Asia rain forests?

All of those rainforests are busy producing peat which in millions of years time will become coal .....

Suppose peat accumulated at the rate of 1cm per year. How much coal do you think all the worlds rain forests could produce in 10 million years?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Disaster could probably add to the total but I would think the slow accumulation method would be parent of most of todays fields. However I'm just guessing

Where is our petrogeologist and whatever the equivalent is for coal, expert?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Disaster could probably add to the total but I would think the slow accumulation method would be parent of most of todays fields. However I'm just guessing

Where is our petrogeologist and whatever the equivalent is for coal, expert?

I haven't read the whole thread (and I'm certainly no geologist, nevermind one that specializes in coal), but I think the deposits in places like Titan are compelling evidence that hydrocarbons may be formed by geological forces and not organic material. In fact, that is reportedly a commonly held belief among non-western geologists. Now who has a vested interest in perpetuating belief in a very limited and finite supply of oil and coal? hmmmm...

THERE'S your conspiracy

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
* The thunderbolts.info site and forum has good material and discussions.
* Lloyd Kinder, near St. Louis

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join