It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney, Rice Approved Use of Waterboarding, Other Interrogation Tactics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The evidence against the Bush administration for war crimes just keeps on mounting. I would rather this didn't get turned into another 9/11 where the truth and the investigations are formalities at best. I hope these f****** fry.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

I graduated from that training you're referring to - and NO - water boarding WAS NOT in the curriculum, (nor would I suspect would ANYONE [non-sadistic degenerate, that is - those guys work for the CIA or contractor's] been willing to apply it)

I will grant that when I went there it was referred to as POW/Survival training and focused more on being the victim - not the 'interrogator'.

Since those who agree with you have successfully re-branded the technique from 'drowning' to the much more clinical-sounding 'water boarding' people have had an easier time of thinking it's OK to make someone think they are about to die.'

And no, only idiots think they won't be 'revealing anything' and that they'll 'butch up' and 'be a man'. Those are the ones whey fill with disinfo and HOPE they get caught.

More could be achieved with judicious use of lighting, ambient heat control and '___'/opium than any physical torture. Problem is they don't get the instant satisfaction of brutalizing a helpless 'enemy combatant'. All I can say to anyone who adheres to your position is - I will be torn between sympathy and malicious glee should you ever have the misfortune of experiencing this 'tool' used to protect our 'way of life.'

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
1.) I said they have to be waterboarded (as the victim would) not that they are the interrogators. You must have misunderstood me.

2.) If you actually went through S.E.R.E training then you would have been waterboarded, or at least gone through simulated drowning in one way or another. It is part of the training.

3.) You are not physically harming the individual with waterboarding, but you are making them feel as if you were. It's the most effective type of non-physical torture around. It is all in their mind.

Furthermore like I said, who are we using these techniques on? Crazed, blood-thirsty terrorists that would want nothing more to kill you or your children for only one reason: being an American. If we can use waterboarding to induce immediate intense emotional trauma and not leave long-lasting physical damage, then we have done our job.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by InterestedObserver]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join