It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOE Testing Idea to Shoot Particles into Sky to Fight 'Global Warming'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

DOE Testing Idea to Shoot Particles into Sky to Fight 'Global Warming'

www.crosswalk.com

Documents obtained by Cybercast News Service under the Freedom of Information Act.

Government scientists have been experimenting with the feasibility of bombarding the Earth's upper atmosphere with microscopic glass particles to dampen the effects of "global warming"

"The particles, consisting of a very fine and special form of glass "porous-walled glass microspheres"would be able to absorb a certain amount of carbon dioxide, and would reflect sunlight away from the Earth"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.propagandamatrix.com

[edit on (4/11/08) by AllSeeingI]

Mod Edit: Changed to more accurate title

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Finally the truth about CHEMTRAILS!

It is scientists testing methods to reduce global warming.

The chemtrails we see are clouds of "a very fine special form of glass "porus walled glass microspheres" able to absorb C02 and reflect sunlight away from Earth.

Porus glass.... I dont like the sound of that. Sounds just about as healthy to breathe in as asbestos.

www.crosswalk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on (4/11/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
From one of your articles:

Government scientists are studying the feasibility of sending nearly microscopic particles of specially made glass into the Earth's upper atmosphere to try to dampen the effects of "global warming." The idea, while "interesting," said one leading global warming skeptic, is "not practical" and, if done on a large scale, could depress the ozone layer and cause other problems.

Details from documents Cybercast News Service obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show that scientists at the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Savannah River National Laboratory in Aiken, S.C., are developing computer models of what might happen if a huge amount of particulate matter is shot into the stratosphere.

www.cnsnews.com.../Culture/archive/200804/CUL20080410a.html

This is still not proof. They are STUDYING this, and are looking at whether or not this will work in the way that they THINK it will, but only in computer models, NOT by spraying the glass particles.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
And the 'chemtrails' we actually see (as opposed to the proposal which would not produce clouds - if they did it'd defeat the whole purpose!) cause warming.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Besides, these 'chemtrails' have been around since long before anyone heard of global warming, see for example: ams.allenpress.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
More "proof" then the unsubstantiated opinions that dominate the subject I would say....

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Anyway, I think y’all know that glass works to trap warm air inside, just like a car with its windows rolled up in the sun.

[edit on 2008-4-11 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hmm, does this research have anything to do with terraforming?

It would be interesting to see if by finding out how to deal with the problems we have on earth we would be able to figure out how to deal with the problems we face on other planets...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Porous glass microspheres - that is a glorified name for milled sand dust. Porous microspheres that absorb carbon dioxide? And then what - they fall down to earth, and the carbon dioxide is still around, but inhaled in the lungs of the creatures of earth - not just humans, so food animals can die too, if it goes awry.

Think about how if there is no dust up there constantly to begin with, keeping dust up there will be close to impossible. What happens if it gets wet? Glass rain?

It reminds me of the bright idea of asbestos.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sounds like it could be to reflect certain "unwanted" rays from space so they don't "affect" the people too.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I get nervous when we try to change the weather or in this case climate.
Before anything is done I hope there is a lot of testing shown to our elected officials. Even then... it makes me nervous.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry, I must of missed the proof. As far as the articles go its just being studied via computer models at the moment for feasability purposes. In my opnion normal contrails are just as effectve for combatting global warming as the ice in natural and man made cirrus clouds provides a great reflector for UV radiation. Not to say that we should fly more, but it does a good enough job as it is

join