It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Cops: Mind If We Search Your House For Guns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Oakland Cops: Mind If We Search Your House For Guns?

www.insidebayarea.com

A six-month pilot program where Oakland police officers would knock on doors and ask permission to search homes for guns got the green light from the City Council.

Similar efforts have been launched in St. Louis, Boston and Washington.

Consent-to-search programs are not without controversy. Oakland civil-rights attorney John Burris criticized the idea when asked about it in February. And the American Civil Liberties Union has protested programs in other cities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nworeport.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Home Owner Stockpiles Ammo: ATF Raids. NWO - Project Disarm

[edit on (4/10/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is another step towards enslavement in a fascist Orwellian society.

To believe we can live in a world free of guns is the definition of naive. As long as one gun exists, or the technology of how to make guns exists, I will own a gun. Because I do not trust everybody else to not use a gun against me or my interests... but I can trust myself to use MY gun.

I believe most gun owners share my feelings, and logically feel required to own a firearm.

Also... The US Constitution 2nd amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Infringed meaning: no laws can be made to hinder this right.

I feel that a militia should be well regulated: That each state militia must have access to military technology and equipment that can match the BEST of any world Military (government or private) otherwise how can we honestly claim that the militia is well regulated and prepared to defend the state against all enemies foreign and domestic.... even when that enemy is the federal government itself.

www.insidebayarea.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What would they do if someone lets them search and they find a gun,
make sure its registered and not stolen?

Isn't it LEGAL to have a gun?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree. What's the reason for this anyway? If it's legal to own a gun (which it is), why search for them? And do they put you on a list if you do own a gun? Or do they put you on a list if you don't let them in to search? This is intrusive. EVERYONE in my small town owns a gun. They need it for protection, hunting and to kill the racoons, panthers and bobcats who raid the chicken house. If the cops were stupid enough to go house to house (which they aren't), everyone here would laugh in their faces. Of course, I have a gun! they would say.
More police intimidation.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

The cops can use these door to door situations to check on everybody. If two big cops suddenly opened your door wouldn’t you be a little nervous? If police find people acting suspicious, or on drugs, then they can detain you and search your home for those reasons. Cops can find out who cooperates and who resists. They can find out who is at a home, who lives there, and known associates. They can search for anything else illegal, possibly connected to a crime, or anti government sentiment.

After your home has been searched and privacy violated… any info about your home, habits, weapons, family members, political, and religious beliefs, etc, may be recorded by the police and government.

This has BAD IDEA written all over. It sets a premise for police to run door to door searches without cause.

new topics

top topics

join